Author Topic: polyline's are acting wierd.  (Read 2417 times)

Anonymous

polyline's are acting wierd.
« on: October 27, 2004, 11:53:56 AM »
polyline problem.

When I draw a rectangle using the "rectang" button I am at the moment unable to offset the polyline "inwards".

allow me to elaborate slightly.

draw a rectangle 1000x2500.  offset. type in 200.  select inside the rectangle and nothing happens.  if I select outside the rectangle it behaves normally, I have another rectangle that his 200mm outside the original one.

BUT. if I zoom extents.  the rectangle that I wanted to appear inside the first rectangle that I drew, but didn't appear NOW appears at UCS world.  the centre of area of the rectangle being at 0,0.

any takers?

I appreciate all advice including the one that involve the destruction of my machine.

thanks in advance

My machine is acting really weird today.

Diarmuid

p.s. I saw faranhieht 911 last night (recently released on DVD).  for god sake don't re-elect him.  ABB (anyone but bush)

hendie

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 11:56:17 AM »
isn't there an issue where if your trying to do this at a large distance from the UCS origin that it creates the offset back at the origin ?

M-dub

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 11:57:32 AM »
:lol:

Ok, I won't touch the politics with a ten foot pole, but have a look at your units.  Maybe it's trying to offset in feet or something?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 12:03:09 PM »
I will....
Michael Moore, the originator of this film, has made the assertion, and continues to do so that "There is NO terrorist threat" Given that stance I cannot believe any of his propaganda.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 12:21:25 PM »
thanks for the tips guys.
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

t-bear

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 04:01:04 PM »
D.....
Don't believe EVERYTHING that us yanks dole out under the heading of "facts"..... by now you should be aware that we're full of s***!  Now I'm not enamoured of Bush by any streatch of the immagination, but Kerry frightenes me as much as GW.  Unfortunatly, neither party has seen fit to front a candidate with the COUNTRYs best interest in mind.  They both have their agendas and we're left sucking hind teat.......
As for your offset problem, move your UCS to one corner of the poly and try that.......
Keep us informed, kidd-o.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 04:28:46 AM »
i tried what you asked me do Bear but no change in the problem...thanks anyway.

from my own investigating into the problem i have discovered its my machine guys.

i have just opend the drawings that i have been working on on another cad station and it (offsetting rectangles internally) works on their machine.

is there anyway i can do a setup comparision on the 2 different machines, because it just seems to be happening to my machine and maybe see what s different.

we down load a profile from a network place here (its a default)  but i revert to my own each day.  this has never been a problem before.  but i even reverted to the companys profile and it is still the same.

yesterday, when i noticed the problem for the first time, i had taken a lisp for the swamp.  could that have been a contributing factor?

the lisp is below.  i honestly don't think it is but i'll put it up anyway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(defun c:gugh (/ p1 p2 ang)

(defun rtd (x)
   (/ (* x 180.0) pi)
   )

;; assuming your block is one unit before scaling

(setq p1 (getpoint "\nPick hinge point: ")
      p2 (getpoint p1 "\nDoor openning: ")
      ang (rtd (getangle p1 "\nAngle: "))
      )

(command "_insert" "door" p1 (distance p1 p2) "" ang)

)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still Stumped

Regards
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon