Author Topic: Can't seem to figure this out.....  (Read 2179 times)

Krooozn

Can't seem to figure this out.....
« on: March 12, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »
I am using Acad 2010 and have some drawings that were created at another A/E and sent to me.....here's the deal....some of these drawings when viewing them in the model space venue, are shown with the correct line colors displaying, but when you take them into the paperspace world....they are displaying as black and white only.....I have looked at the layer manager and assumed that they had assigned a different color for the viewport and had the drawing pushed to see the viewport colors...but to my surprise...the viewport colors are the same as the general model space colors that are assigned.....nothing I have tried has made a difference in these files...so thought I would post it and see if any of you have experienced that same issue...it's driving me crazy trying to figure this out....the files seem to plot correctly on hardcopy....just displaying differently in paperspace...

Thanx for any help with this....Anita :lol:

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
Re: Can't seem to figure this out.....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »
Check in the Page SetUp dialog box in the upper right hand and see if Display plot styles is checked.
I drink beer and I know things....

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:52 PM »
This needs to be done while in Paperspace.

Krooozn

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:08:43 PM »
Yep....it is checked......I am just lost as to what to look for next with these drawings.....I have been doing cad work for 25+ years and have never seen this before.....has to be a setting somewhere......

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
Uncheck it, then look at your drawing. This is part of the plotting variables that stay with the drawing.

Krooozn

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »
Okay....my really dumba$$ just unchecked that box and did a regen and poof  :-o...like magic :-o.....it appeared correctly in paperspace.....now can you explain to me why?  :roll:

JCTER

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:13:13 PM »
Okay....my really dumba$$ just unchecked that box and did a regen and poof  :-o...like magic :-o.....it appeared correctly in paperspace.....now can you explain to me why?  :roll:

That box takes the saved page setup settings and applies it to the view.

In this case, it takes the properties written in the CTB/STB file and applies them to the layout, so it basically shows how it will be plotted, with lineweight and color applied.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »
Okay....my really dumba$$ just unchecked that box and did a regen and poof  :-o...like magic :-o.....it appeared correctly in paperspace.....now can you explain to me why?  :roll:

That box takes the saved page setup settings and applies it to the view.

In this case, it takes the properties written in the CTB/STB file and applies them to the layout, so it basically shows how it will be plotted, with lineweight and color applied.

This has been a feature of AutoCad plotting since A2K.

Krooozn

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »
Well...shut my mouth and call me dumb.....in all my years of working in Acad (since release 12) it is the first time I have ever ran across this.....I guess it just goes to show you.....you're never too old to learn something!

Thanx so much for clarifying this for me.....now I can move on to another new adventure!  :lol:

I really like these little smiley's.....they are way too cool!

Anita

JCTER

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 02:34:19 PM »
I don't think I've ever come across anyone who uses it in all the drawings I've gotten from other companies.

Like you, I doubt most people know it's there.  I had to search the help file to find where the box was, after reading your post.  I knew it was there somewhere, but couldn't remember where.  Took me long enough that Slim answered before I found it.

I just don't think many people care to see it like that.  I'd rather do a print-preview, myself, to see how it'll look plotted.  1)  it puts it on a white background as opposed to the black background I keep layouts/paperspace set to and 2) the lineweights seem much more accurately represented.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
I don't think I've ever come across anyone who uses it in all the drawings I've gotten from other companies.

Like you, I doubt most people know it's there.  I had to search the help file to find where the box was, after reading your post.  I knew it was there somewhere, but couldn't remember where.  Took me long enough that Slim answered before I found it.

I just don't think many people care to see it like that.  I'd rather do a print-preview, myself, to see how it'll look plotted.  1)  it puts it on a white background as opposed to the black background I keep layouts/paperspace set to and 2) the lineweights seem much more accurately represented.

Same here. Glad we could help.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
Oh, and Welcome to theSwamp, Anita!

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
Like you, I doubt most people know it's there. 

I did not know it was there.  And I have been playing since R13

Oh, and Welcome to theSwamp, Anita!
Welcome and come back often.  Heck you can even stay.  We kick James off his lilly pad. :roll:
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans