Author Topic: The Official Swamp Wish List  (Read 40852 times)

Alan Cullen

Re: The Official Swamp Wish List
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 04:31:28 AM »
Big G.....

I have mbuttonpan set to one. I also have all my function keys set to my most common osnaps. It all works very nice for me, but I have had it that way for years now, and I'm used to it.  :-D

I can zoom/pan very easily and quickly just using the mouse wheel, and I can use osnaps as fast as I can hit a function key....works for me..... :evil:

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2008, 09:59:21 AM »
p = perpendicular
, I would like the ability to change the typing to a single letter as well.
However as a work around I use the F keys F3=non (it already does this),F4=nea,F5=per,F6=cen,F7=end,F9=mid,F12=tan.
Been doing this for 4 years and it has proved to be a good system.
The order is basically the order of use, since I use running osnaps (with nea and per not selected) nearest and perp are the first 2, they also cause the most havoc when selected as osnaps.
Cen was next as it saves a ton of panning with large circles.
The cui has the ability to change the keys to what you want.

M-dub

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2009, 03:14:41 PM »
As I mentioned in this thread, I wish that it was possible to apply the "Plot / No Plot" property normally associated with layers to individual objects.  It would just be nice if we didn't have to create a new layer just to access this functionality.

JCUTRONA

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »
I wish for a free student version of ACAD '09 Architecture on my home pc.  And "work from home" job that pays 100k a year.

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »
I wish for a free student version of ACAD '09 Architecture on my home pc.  And "work from home" job that pays 100k a year.

Don't waste your time with 2009, when 2010 will be out in April!  :lol:

As for the stay at home job, its possible I had one for a while till the company i work for went belly up.

100K a years R you nuts!  :ugly:  No one will ever pay that. Most of my clientele think we draw pretty pictures all day and we have that business depot program that does all the work for us in a matter of minutes.
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2009, 01:53:08 PM »
Most of my clientele think we draw pretty pictures all day and we have that business depot program that does all the work for us in a matter of minutes.

You don't?  :?

:-D

JCUTRONA

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »
never hurts to wish.

M-dub

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2009, 09:45:24 AM »
never hurts to wish.

Sometimes it does... Depending on what the wish is and who hears you wish it.  ;)

( Yes dear... sorry dear )

JCUTRONA

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »
never hurts to wish.

Sometimes it does... Depending on what the wish is and who hears you wish it.  ;)

( Yes dear... sorry dear )

Yeah if my boss heard me wishing that he would probably tell me to go find something better.

M-dub

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
I wish that when mirrorring a group of objects including text, that AutoCAD was smart enough to also change the justification of the text and keep it in the right spot when doing so.

Asking a little much?  Probably.  Doesn't mean I can't still wish it!  :)

Kate M

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »
Mtext objects mirror like that. For single-line text, you can use JUSTIFYTEXT.

M-dub

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
I forgot about how JUSTIFYTEXT worked.  I had never thought to use it after the mirror command, but it works (pretty well, but not perfectly).  Thanks for the reminder Kate!

( Your first comment is like a quarter turn of the "Mtext is better" dagger that's in my "No it's not" back! )

Kate M

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »
( Your first comment is like a quarter turn of the "Mtext is better" dagger that's in my "No it's not" back! )
Oh, I know. :-) If I need mtext for a single line (say for a fraction), I have to set the width to 0...all the extra grips on such a teeny thing drive me nuts. :-)

craigr

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »
We often mirror text that is mixed in with other items. To prevent having to type 'justifytext' after each, I simply made 4 icons with arrows for each direction and keep their toolbar docked. I even made the macro repeating so I can click 'left' and tag all text that I want Justified Left.

*^C^C_snap;off;Justifytext;\;ML;

craigr

M-dub

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
The thing I like and don't like about JUSTIFYTEXT is that it leaves the text exactly where it is and just changes the 'starting point' or 'justification point' of the text.  Sometimes, that's what I'm after, but not all the time.

I have a macro that calls the old CHTEXT routine and allows us to select text, then choose the justification AND the start point.

I'll often just use the Properties window to change the justification of selected text as well.  That leaves the start point where it is, but moves the text around based on the new justification.

Falls under the "More than one way to skin a cat" category.  :)