Author Topic: question about floating toolbars  (Read 4488 times)

ELOQUINTET

question about floating toolbars
« on: October 18, 2004, 03:00:24 PM »
i have found flyouts a little hard to navigate through so i created a quick launch toolbar which will open each one of my custom toolbars individually. my question is what do you think would be the best way to locate these like i have shown so they popup in the same place everytime. my button looks like this:

^C^C-toolbar;dan;DRAW2;show;

i tried to locate it using coordinates but it places it the last place it was.

pmvliet

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 07:01:58 PM »
Holy Toolbar Batman... :D

I would say, run 2 monitors and get all your toolbars over on the second screen.

In all seriousness though:

You do have some kewl Toolbars and probably come in very handy. I do too much of everything to have that much detail for toolbar creation.
Well once you place them where you want them, I would save them in your profile. When you close them and re-open them, they will be where you left them.

Do you move them around as you work? Is that why you are asking.

Pieter

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 08:18:12 AM »
thank yeah i was thinking i may move them around as i'm working but i just created this quick launch thing i used to have them all in flyouts. i still have that setup just have the two variations depending on what i'm doing. i really just want them to popup in the same place each time so i know where to go with the mouse after hitting the quick launch base on the tollbar i'm trying to open. thanks to all of you guys most of these are lisps i've gotten here  :D

SMadsen

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 08:26:42 AM »
Holy [^what Pieter said and then some]!
Pull down the lisp forum! It's polluting Dan's screen!

M-dub

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 08:41:50 AM »
Those DO look like very handy toolbars, Dan!  May I suggest creating some flyouts for all of these?  It would definitely save you some space...

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 08:52:06 AM »
i have two types mdub one is a quick launch and the other is with flyouts see below

SDETERS

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 08:22:05 AM »
What I did for special toolbars is this.  I made the toolbar hide once I hit a command on the special tool bar
 and then when I wanted it to reappear I hit an accelerator key like "ctrl a" to make the toolbar pop back up.

It was kinda of cool.

Thanks

M-dub

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 08:30:06 AM »
Quote from: SDETERS
I made the toolbar hide once I hit a command on the special tool bar and then when I wanted it to reappear I hit an accelerator key like "ctrl a" to make the toolbar pop back up.

That's kind of a neat idea! :) How did you make it reappear? (code)

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 08:34:32 AM »
yeah ellaborate no secrets here  :lol:

M-dub

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 08:41:22 AM »
To hide it, you must have something like
Code: [Select]
^C^C-toolbar;TOOLBARNAME;H;Command:blahblahblah... but how do you get it to reappear?

SDETERS

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 08:45:29 AM »
I really did not have a code.  I did this couple years ago I can tell you how I did it and then I think you guys can go from there.

First I made a custom toolbar and gave it a name Like shane.

Then I added all of my commands that I needed to the toolbar like special explode or some cool list routines icons.

In front of all of the commands in this special toolbar I put  toolbars hide shane and then put the command I wanted to run with the icon.  

Then in the accelerator commands in the MNS or MNU  put in the accelerator command "CTRL a " to run the command toolbar show shane.

Not much to it really.

THanks

M-dub

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 08:47:20 AM »
Ahhh....
I thought you had a bunch of different toolbars and could show whichever toolbar it was that you had just hidden...
Your idea would work fine though.  Cool :)

SDETERS

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 08:54:40 AM »
I am sure you guys could expand on this suggestion.  I just do not have the knowledge of lisp to give it the finess that it would need to be a great way of doing things.

Also what I loved about doing things this way one would have a huge screen to work on and have all of your short cut key commands.  But when one needed a icon to punch just hit the accelerator key hit the icon you wanted and a way one goes again.

I hate having my screen filled with toolbars I would rather see everything I am working on and not just a bunch of toolbars and a small graphics screen.

Thanks

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 04:21:02 PM »
ok guys i've been using my quick luanch toolbar and it's ok but what would really be great would be if i could have a "heading" icon like draw modify etc etc. when i chose something from the modify flyout it would execute that command then when it finished it would reset the icon back to the "heading" image. it's just hard for me to remember the order of my flyouts. still trying to find the right combonation  :roll:

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 04:32:23 PM »
i was wondering if something could be put in my flyout line in my menu file in other words to have it revert to say the offset 1 icon in this instance:

Code: [Select]
ID_DANS_TOOLBAR_0 [_Toolbar("DANSTOOLBAR", _Floating, _Hide, 108, 292, 1)]
ID_UserFlyout_54 [_Flyout("User Defined Flyout", ICON_16_BLANK, ICON_16_BLANK, _OtherIcon, DAN.OFFSET_1)]

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 04:36:37 PM »
Dan
When you open the 'Customize' dialog box, right click on the 'Flyout' icon.
You can edit the icon & save as with others, then check the 'Show this icon'
on that dialog box. The icon will be locked on the 'Flyout'.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 01:04:50 PM »
thanks cab duh it's been awhile  :oops:

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004, 04:24:09 PM »
here's the solution i found for my toolbars thought i'd share with you guys. i located the first one at 50,200 then the next one down at 50,250. the right column starts at 500,200 so they open at the same location everytime

http://www.theswamp.org/screens/dan/TOOLS.JPG