Author Topic: Express Tools in 2007  (Read 4663 times)

Dr. After

Express Tools in 2007
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:39:40 AM »
The main thing I am looking for is the "breakline" command I was using in 2006.  I think this was part of Express Tools, but that came standard in 2006.  Does Express Tools not come with 2007?  Or did they just drop this command?  Or did the dumbarse net nazis that installed my CAD just do a half assed installation?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:41:11 AM by Dr. After »

LE

Re: Express Tools in 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:43:21 AM »
It is right there...

Look into the "Express" pull-down menu - goto - Draw - and there it is.

Or just call it on the command line

Dr. After

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:48:10 AM »
In 2007?  I don't see it anywhere.  And my command line doesn't like it either.  I would guess there is an option to install Express Tools during the install and the lazy net nazi bastards decided that wasn't important or part of their "standards".  You sure it is in 2007, though?  I don't wanna start bitching and be wrong about this one.  This is about my 15th complaint to the IT department since I started here 2.5 weeks ago.

LE

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:51:56 AM »
Check if the express folder is in the acad directory

hth
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:02:19 AM by LE »

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 10:54:51 AM »
In 2007?  I don't see it anywhere.  And my command line doesn't like it either.  I would guess there is an option to install Express Tools during the install and the lazy net nazi bastards decided that wasn't important or part of their "standards".  You sure it is in 2007, though?  I don't wanna start bitching and be wrong about this one.  This is about my 15th complaint to the IT department since I started here 2.5 weeks ago.
They would have to select the option to load the express tools.
Then I think you would have to load it through the CUI editor in order to get the express tools pull down menu to show.
That is how I did my installs.  may not be the best way but they are there.

How do you work that Breakline?  I have tried it but dont like the portions of the scale.  It seems to dependent on the dimscale.  I would like if I could figure it so i dont have rescale the breakline.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Dr. After

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »
If I could view my C: drive I would tell you.  This place sucks for trying to get CADing done efficiently.  They figure we are all robots trained to do everything the same basic way.  grrrr...  I'll try and find the IT guy who installed this from a remote location with no contact with the end user what so ever and see what the hell he did.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 11:06:21 AM »
If I could view my C: drive I would tell you.  This place sucks for trying to get CADing done efficiently.  They figure we are all robots trained to do everything the same basic way.  grrrr...  I'll try and find the IT guy who installed this from a remote location with no contact with the end user what so ever and see what the hell he did.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Type CUI @ the command line.  See if you can find the express cui in any of the partial loaded CUIs
See attached Image

Dr. After

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
How do you work that Breakline?  I have tried it but dont like the portions of the scale.  It seems to dependent on the dimscale.  I would like if I could figure it so i dont have rescale the breakline.

Yeah, i run into that problem too, but since it draws it quick, a quick scaling is still faster then drawing my own.  I wish it would scale a bit better per size of breakline, but that won't happen until 2010 version.  They like to make new functions only so usefull so you will still have a reason to upgrade when they finally get it right.

Dr. After

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »
Type CUI @ the command line.  See if you can find the express cui in any of the partial loaded CUIs

Yeah...  they deffinately left it out.  looks like they insatlled it as basic as possible.  grrrrr....   I still don't get why IT deals with CAD when they don't know a thing about it.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 11:27:22 AM »
Yeah...  they deffinately left it out.  looks like they insatlled it as basic as possible.  grrrrr....   I still don't get why IT deals with CAD when they don't know a thing about it.

Bummer
Keep us posted on how the battle is going with ITwit

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 11:30:37 AM »
Code: [Select]
(VL-LIST-EXPORTED-FUNCTIONS)

LE

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »
In case you are one of those persons that would like to have their own lisp routines, instead of depending on what it is out there by default.

Here is a very basic example on how to emulate the breakline command, the code is open and was made on-the-fly, you will be responsible to make it better and add more control.

If works, say I did it - if not someone else.

Have fun

Lin-Z

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 12:11:44 PM »
If they were loaded at the beginning with the rest of the software but don't show up try typing EXPRESSTOOLS at the command line.

LE

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »
In case you are one of those persons that would like to have their own lisp routines, instead of depending on what it is out there by default.

Here is a very basic example on how to emulate the breakline command, the code is open and was made on-the-fly, you will be responsible to make it better and add more control.

If works, say I did it - if not someone else.

Have fun

Note:

The routine, assumes that the "mybreakline" block exist and it is made by a single pline - similar to the one in the breakline command.

Dr. After

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 03:46:06 PM »
OK guys...  this is the skinny.

IT just flew through the install without any care to the end user.  This is typical with this IT department we have.  They are terrible about everything.  I put off my start date here by 3 weeks, and they had a total of 5 weeks to get everything up and running for my start date.  I didn't have AutoCAD or a phone until my 9th day on the job.  Yup, got paid to sit and wait on IT.  I still don't have all the access to the databases I need and still can't call anywhere because the "form" hasn't finished making it to where ever and back with the right approvals in order for me to have long distance privileges.  WOW!

None the less, I told IT to install everything with any new software if they aren't sure the end user needs it.  That way we don't have to wait a week for a command to be available and such.  I had to hunt down an IT guy and make him do it right then and there.

This is a bit harder to deal with considering I worked IT for the last 6 years and have worked CAD for the last 10.