Author Topic: drag and drop ?  (Read 2781 times)

ELOQUINTET

drag and drop ?
« on: July 29, 2004, 10:11:42 AM »
i have a question concerning a feature. you select an object then hold down the right button and drag. when you let up it asks move here copy here etc. ok my question is how could i make ortho function here?

Andrew H

drag and drop ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 12:39:11 PM »
What do you mean by "ortho function"? Do you want to have one of the options be ortho? Why not just hit F8?

ELOQUINTET

drag and drop ?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 12:50:49 PM »
read and try what i say andrew ortho (f8) has no effect. not on my machine anyway

Andrew H

drag and drop ?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 01:01:41 PM »
I misunderstood your original question.

I did try the drag-n-drop and the options it gave me were:
Insert Here
Open
Create Xref
Create Hyperlink
Cancel

I clicked the insert here option and it allowed me to insert the object as if it were a block in my drawing (allowing all the user input like ortho on/off, osnap on/off, etc...)

I am running 2005, so the older versions my have a bug.

ELOQUINTET

drag and drop ?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 01:14:22 PM »
yeah i'm running 2002 and it gives options move here copy here paste as block and cancel but f8 does nothing even if you turn it on beforehand. thanks for tryin

Andrew H

drag and drop ?
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 01:15:36 PM »
I'll try in 2002 and let you know what I come up with (which may be the exact same thing you have already).

You're welcome.

Andrew H

drag and drop ?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 01:18:18 PM »
Ok, I tried in 2002 and it gave me the same options as 2005 (and does let me toggle ortho).

Where are you draging from? I'm using Windows Explorer!!!

M-dub

drag and drop ?
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 01:21:59 PM »
I think he means within the drawing.  If you select an entity, then select it again by drag and drop, you can either move or copy it.  I've tried a bunch of different things and I can't figure out how to utilize ortho.  It almost seems as though it's more of a Windows thing instead of an AutoCAD thing.  Not sure.

Andrew H

drag and drop ?
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 01:25:48 PM »
Ok, I understand what you're talking about now. In 2005 it is the same as what you're describing (no ortho controlls). Why not use the copy command?

ELOQUINTET

drag and drop ?
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 01:31:02 PM »
yes i'm talking about autocad objects not from explorer. this is one of my coworkers questions actually so i won't waste anymore time. thanks