Author Topic: Missing Grips in Quick Leader  (Read 2893 times)

Gael

Missing Grips in Quick Leader
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
Hey,
Ok, I am updating a drawing from a different agency.  Not my favorite task.

I use quick leaders because I don't like my mtext attached to my leader.  (multileader doesn't function the way I need it to)  I use qleader a lot, so now its acting funny.  (which i don't find funny at all)

Usually when I use "le" or quick leader for a standard 2 line leader I have 3 grips.  One at the arrow head one at the angle point and the other at the end of the landing.  Pretty standard.  Well in this particular drawing I can only get one or two....either only at the arrow head or at the end of the landing but not in the middle making it very restricted when dragging stuff around.

I have played with the settings in quick leader, I have also played with the settings in mleader....with no luck...
The dimstyle I am using is a copy from another drawing and all my other drawings seem to work just fine... (i have recently checked a couple of times)

any ideas?????

Gael

Re: Missing Grips in Quick Leader
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
AH HA.....

GRUMBLE...

ITS NOT A LEADER PROBLEM, IT IS A GRIP PROBLEM....

SO IF I SELECT A LINE INSTEAD OF 3 GRIPS BEG, MID PNT, END....I JUST GET ONE.....
ALSO A POLYLINE THAT IS IN A BOX ONLY HAS ONE GRIP AT ONE OF THE CORNERS....

ANY IDEAS???

sugarCAD

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »
What version of AutoCAD are you using?

Try System Variable GRIPS

Gael

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED, FOR THOSE THAT ARE CURIOUS....

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IT......

LOTS OF POSTS WERE POINTING TO THE OBJECT HAVING A Z VALUE....BUT I CHECKED THAT, EVEN DID A FLATTEN ON A OBJECT.

I HAD NOTICED THAT THE DRAWING WAS WAY OUT IN A X,Y FIELD, SO FOR GRINS I MOVED EVERYTHING FROM A PICKED POINT TO 0,0,0 AND IT ALL CAME BACK.

Gael

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »
I AM RUNNING 2009 C3D AS AUTOCAD....
I HAD ALREADY PLAYED WITH THE GRIPS SETTING WITH NO LUCK
THANKS FOR TRYING THOUGH