Author Topic: Civil3D Tin Surfaces in 2012  (Read 1666 times)

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Civil3D Tin Surfaces in 2012
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:24 AM »
Civil3D 2012 has a complete Surfaces API and I try to figure out how to use all this. At this moment I can create TIN surfaces in Civil3D and add a Point3DCollection which I read from a file, but there is also a class SurfaceOperationAddPointFile available. But I can't find a method to add a SurfaceOperation to a Surface. Also I am curious how I can extract a border from the Surface.

Unfortunately there is very few information available on the internet about this subject. Anyone who has played with this new API and who can point me in the right direction?

The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Civil3D Tin Surfaces in 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59:21 AM »
Apparently the API is not complete (yet), there is no option to extract objects from Surfaces. Too bad, I had great ideas with Surfaces...

:-o
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »
What happens if you use the AddPointFile method? I believe that it should then add the SurfaceOperationAddPointFile to the Surface Operations collection. Not sure about the border extraction, will look into that later on....although the COM API does have Extract* methods for border, contours, etc.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »
With COM it is possible to extract the border but not with NET API. This is confirmed by Isaac Rodriguez (http://civilizeddevelopment.typepad.com).

But I don't want to use COM just for one method. Maybe there are other ways to get a border but I'm not sure if it will work.

I can't figure out how to use the SurfaceOperationAddPointFile and how to add it to a certain Surface. Later I'll have another look at it but at the moment I can't continue with my idea. Maybe with Civil3D 2013 :-)