CAD Forums > Vertically Challenged

Civil 3D deleting my profiles when I delete a corridor/intersection

(1/1)

alanjt:
In both 2020 and 2019, if I erase my intersection, it erases my profiles.
If I erase the alignments created with intersection wizard, it also erases my profile. I swear this hasn't been a problem in the past. Am I doing something wrong?

MSTG007:
I think i tried what you just mentioned and mine worked like it was expected to work. Have you tried doing a simple corridor in a new drawing and see if it does it? Could be the drawing you are working in; or the program got an update? Just throwing out some ideas.

Jeff_M:
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are seeing. But, a profile is a subobject of an alignment. So, delete the alignment the profile goes away, too. It's always been this way.

alanjt:

--- Quote from: Jeff_M on October 06, 2020, 11:21:07 AM ---Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are seeing. But, a profile is a subobject of an alignment. So, delete the alignment the profile goes away, too. It's always been this way.

--- End quote ---
Right, but erasing alignments the intersection tool created, or erasing the actual intersection object, shouldn't erase my road profile. That's what I can't figure out.

--- Quote from: MSTG007 on October 05, 2020, 01:30:20 PM ---I think i tried what you just mentioned and mine worked like it was expected to work. Have you tried doing a simple corridor in a new drawing and see if it does it? Could be the drawing you are working in; or the program got an update? Just throwing out some ideas.

--- End quote ---
I was wondering about that, as this hasn't happened in the past. I'll try it. Hopefully I haven't corrupted the template file somehow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version