Author Topic: Land Desktop Pipeworks  (Read 3556 times)

nw_civil_frk

• Newt
Land Desktop Pipeworks
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »
I am having a problem with pipeworks in LDD 2004.  After I modify a conceptual plan for a pipe run, when I import it to profile it will show up with extra inverts, like there are identical pipes stacked on top of each other.  Has anyone else ran into a problem like this before?  I have used pipeworks since LDD3, and I have never had a problem with it until I recently switched to a job where they did not use pipeworks or project manager to set up projects.  I have searched on-line and not had much luck, any additional input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dinosaur

Re: Land Desktop Pipeworks
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »
It sounds like there are two different pipe runs superimposed.  Did your modified run get assigned a new name rather than overwriting the original?

nw_civil_frk

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:51:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply, that may be a possibility, but how do you check for that?  There aren't any additional runs in the run listing, and there aren't any in the database file.  The strange thing is that I can take the project home and it will work flawlessly from my laptop.  I am almost thinking it could be a database compatibility issue, but everything else within the project works correctly.  Thanks again for the reply.

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »
Thanks for the reply, that may be a possibility, but how do you check for that?  There aren't any additional runs in the run listing, and there aren't any in the database file.  The strange thing is that I can take the project home and it will work flawlessly from my laptop.  I am almost thinking it could be a database compatibility issue, but everything else within the project works correctly.  Thanks again for the reply.
That being the case, I think we are both correct to some degree.  There must be a second pipe run in the database at your work that is causing this conflict.  Is there a second alignment left over from an old run that overlays the current one?  When you take the drawing home are you taking the entire project with the data folders intact or just the drawings?

nw_civil_frk

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 01:09:59 PM »
I take the entire project, the only difference in the setups is that I have Access 2003 on my laptop, and I have civil series 2004, at work we have LDD and Civil Design with Office 2002.    I haven't taken this project out of office, so I may have been misleading with my previous info.  I know that pipeworks database is access 97, I am wondering whether there was something in access 2002 that doesn't agree with pipeworks...

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 01:51:35 PM »
I take the entire project, the only difference in the setups is that I have Access 2003 on my laptop, and I have civil series 2004, at work we have LDD and Civil Design with Office 2002.    I haven't taken this project out of office, so I may have been misleading with my previous info.  I know that pipeworks database is access 97, I am wondering whether there was something in access 2002 that doesn't agree with pipeworks...
The last I knew, all of the database within LDT HAD to be in Access 97, so this may be your problem.  Did you edit the database manually or save it with Access 2002?
You may try to contact THIS guy directly for a more comprehensive answer and a solution.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 02:20:00 PM by DinØsaur »

nw_civil_frk

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 02:02:15 PM »
Again thanks for the info, I am unable to make the link work correctly, please email me the contact info at my email from my profile...

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »
Dino are you sure about that link?

Dinosaur

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 02:21:35 PM »
Dino are you sure about that link?
Sure, it works just fine . . . what's the problem? :oops: :kewl:

nw_civil_frk

• Newt
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 05:35:22 PM »
The answer to this problem was to install the "Civil Design 2004 Service Pack 1".  Many thanks to Dinosaur and mjfarrell