Author Topic: menu help  (Read 3302 times)

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« on: October 15, 2004, 08:41:09 AM »
in recent times i was not able to load my custom menu i created everytime i tried to load it my autocad crashed. i looked into it this morning and found out that it happened as a result of changing the name of my lisp folder from autocad to lisp files. the problem was i didn't update the menu file to reflect this. now having said that here is my question. i created a subfolder called 0-bmp which is located within my lisp files folder. i would like to seperate them for housekeeping reason. i put the folder in the search path but my icon don't show up in acad. do i need to somehow add that to my menu file and if so how? thanks

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 08:44:01 AM »
aha nevermind i got it should've just tried it first see i found the problem all by myself  :P

Kate M

menu help
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 09:03:33 AM »
Post your solution, in case someone else needs it?

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 09:44:16 AM »
whoopsy you're right kate. at the beginning of my menu i changed the path to the new folder name from autocad to lisp files. on the next line i also added the 0-mybmps path. now it doesn't appear in my .mns did it save that to my .mnc? anyhow it's working now  :P

AutoCAD menu file - C:\Documents and Settings\dkelley\My Documents\LISP FILES\DAN.mnc

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
menu help
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 09:55:27 AM »
why not just compile the bitmaps into a dll with the same naem as the menu file that way it will always be there?
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

M-dub

menu help
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 09:58:31 AM »
Quote from: TimSpangler
why not just compile the bitmaps into a dll with the same naem as the menu file that way it will always be there?

We've tried to convince him to do that already...:roll:  ;)

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 10:27:22 AM »
you stay outta this mdub ok  :wink:  i do have most of them compiled into a dll but i have kept the bmps as backups just in case (the voice in my head) mdub screws up my menus again the voice in my head)  :P how ya like dem apples

M-dub

menu help
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 10:39:46 AM »
Hey, I don't think I could have mentioned "BACKUP" any more than I did!

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 11:18:33 AM »
i know i'm just pickin on ya mdub  :wink:

M-dub

menu help
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 11:25:31 AM »
I know, I know...I still felt pretty bad for that.  :oops:  Been trying to make up for it ever since! ;)

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 11:29:40 AM »
yeah but it was partly my fault too for not reading carefully. ah water under the bridge or as we new yorkers say fuggetaboutit

Fuccaro

menu help
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 02:56:41 AM »
Quote from: TimSpangler

How? Is it possible in VBA? Or it is a C++ thing?
I read before that it is possible and I wish to try myself. Maybe with some help my wish will become true :D .

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
menu help
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 03:31:16 AM »
Try this link, there is a howto for creating custom menus that includes making a .dll of all your bimaps. Make sure you get version 0.9.

http://theswamp.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

ELOQUINTET

menu help
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 07:54:17 AM »
there your wish came true  :wink:

Fuccaro

menu help
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 08:00:07 AM »
Yes, I am happy now :D
Thanks for the help!