Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Text insert routine

<< < (3/3)

ELOQUINTET:
ah i see you've been adding some more functionality to this mine was a pretty old version. everything seems to be working now but the only problem i still have is the color is still bylayer. i realize i am in the minority so it probably won't be incorporated. i just remembered that i have it formatted to be put on a dims layer and that layers color is yellow but this is putting it on the current layer which is 0. i see you are trying to incorporate the adding and saving of notes from the dialog which is sweeeeeet can't wait to be able to do that although i'm not sure i'd want everyone creating notes and cluttering up the dialog. i am brainstorming reorganizing mine soon because i have too many categories now. thanks for the continued work you are putting into this it's a wonderful routine.

ELOQUINTET:
nevermind about the layer problem cab for some reason i just had :- instead of :-L duuuuuuh carry on

CAB:

--- Quote from: Eloquintet on July 28, 2006, 04:31:00 PM --- i'm not sure i'd want everyone creating notes and cluttering up the dialog.
--- End quote ---

How about a "User Permission" to Add or Edit the notes? :)

And You're welcome.

ELOQUINTET:
cab,

if you mean permission as in write permissions to the folder containing the tid files. i have a hard enough time getting my basic autocad permissions straight. our it department is retarded. i have another question which applies to your routine though. i am setting up my tid files in the following manner but am wondering how i could update the prefix note number if i need to insert additional notes in the list. it would ask for the last number and i'd put in 05. then i could set the increment i'll say 2 then all the numbers would get bumped up by 2. how could i do that so i could run it in notepad?

***Text Item *****************************************************
01.----------------- MANUAL SHADE TUBE NOTES ---------------------
:-W6
:-LNOTES
02.  1-1/2" DIA. TUBE AND SHADE ASSEMBLY
1-1/2" %%C TUBE AND
SHADE ASSEMBLY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page