Author Topic: best way to fix missing plotstyle  (Read 1223 times)

jhadams82

• Mosquito
best way to fix missing plotstyle
« on: October 24, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
I want to set the vp plotstyle of a layer to one of our styles ("85%") but the LISP fails saying "automation error: key not found".  The plot style isn't available.  If I select an object on the desired layer in model space, then use the plotstyle drop down on the properties toolbar, sure enough "85%" isn't in the list.  But if I click "other...", then it's available.  If I then click OK to set it to 85%, now that plotstyle is available for the entire drawing.

So what's going on here?  If the drawing's active plotstyle table is an external file and it knows to look there by default, why are only some plotstyles available at first?  What's the best way to fix this?  I just found this thread (see link below) and Michel's routine in the second to last post sounds like it might be what I'm looking for but I haven't played with it yet.  Any help (including general guidance or links) is much appreciated!
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/load-all-plot-style-routine-needed/td-p/2547825

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Re: best way to fix missing plotstyle
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »
Honestly, while it may or may not be the best way to set it, I created a drawing file that has our plot style loaded, as well as any linetypes, etc. and then insert that as a block into our drawing. Since the block contains no line work, the only stuff that gets imported are the styles and such that are needed.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: best way to fix missing plotstyle
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:44:11 AM »
For more on the subject see this Page setups
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.