Author Topic: enterprise cui  (Read 3705 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: enterprise cui
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »
i was messing with this again and couldn't get it to work but i do see this at the command line, yikes  :-o

Command: ; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
; warning: unwind skipped on exception
; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
Entering (_INTERNAL-LOAD-ALL-FILE "C:\\documents and
settings\\temp\\application data\\autodesk\\autocad
2006\\r16.2\\enu\\support\\acad.mnl" nil T nil)

AutoCAD menu utilities ; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access
Violation)
Entering (_INTERNAL-LOAD-ALL-FILE "Z:\\ACAD\\mecho.mnl" nil T nil)

AutoCAD menu utilities ; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access
Violation)
Entering (_INTERNAL-LOAD-ALL-FILE "C:\\DOCUMENTS AND
SETTINGS\\TEMP\\APPLICATION DATA\\AUTODESK\\AUTOCAD
2006\\R16.2\\ENU\\SUPPORT\\acetmain.mnl" nil T nil)

sinc

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 04:15:50 AM »
Yep, 2006 is a horrible mess of bugs.  In my opinion, a fully-patched copy of 2006 is still barely worthy of beta-test status.  I'm appalled that ANYONE would consider this product ready for release.  I'm hoping that we are not beginning to see the impact of Autodesk's "one release per year" policy...   :realmad:

I've found it's generally possible to get things working, but it frequently takes lots of trial and error to find the only safe path through the bugs.

There's lots of issues between the Enterprise CUI and Partial CUIs.  I find that I can only get workspaces working if I make sure all the Partial CUIs in the Enterprise CUI are ALSO loaded in the custom (main) CUI.  So, if your company-wide Enterprise CUI is loading the acad.cui and acetmain.cui as Partials, make sure that the custom (main) CUI for all users also load those same CUIs as Partial CUIs.

Then there's the issue that menus will only work properly in one CUI.  So, if you want your end users to be able to customize their own shortcut menus, you must put ALL shortcut menus in the Custom.CUI for each user.  You must remove ALL shortcut menus from your Enterprise CUI.  The other option is to have ALL shortcut menus in the Enterprise CUI, in which case the end users cannot change them.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 10:08:19 AM »
 i seem to have it working now as far as i can tell. my workspaces are working now at least. i pretty much followed sincs advice. i will give a complete breakdown once i have analyzed it a little more and determined it's working as i want. thanks everyone for your help i'll keep you posted.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 01:22:19 PM »
hmmm i had moved all of the shortcut menus from our enterprise to custom.cui. i was working then noticed that my osnap shortcut menu isnt working. i have others which do but haven't checked them all. i know this was a bug that was supposed to be fixed by either the cui update or the service pack but it still seems to be present. when i move all of the shortcut menus to my enterprise none of them are working. bzzzzzzzzz  :pissed: i hate bugs