Author Topic: Site plan trouble  (Read 2575 times)

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Site plan trouble
« on: November 01, 2004, 06:14:12 PM »
Okay, here's my problem.  I need to draw this site plan, but the only parts I know are right are the ones with the revcloud around them.  All information on the drawings/photo is all that I have.  I don't have any problems with the lines, it's the arcs I can't figure out how to do the right way.  Any one know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks :twisted:
Sullivan Site Plan Photo
Sullivan Site Plan 2004 dwg
Sullivan Site Plan 2000 dwg

daron

Site plan trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 06:20:50 PM »
Shouldn't this thread be in the cad general or adt forum? Teach me forum is for the initiator of the thread to teach the rest of us something.

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Site plan trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:23:21 PM »
Quote from: Daron
Shouldn't this thread be in the cad general or adt forum? Teach me forum is for the initiator of the thread to teach the rest of us something.

Sorry Daron...thanks for moving...

PDJ

Site plan trouble
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 08:21:33 PM »
Hey Dommy2Hotty,

I think you're goin to need another dimension or two to solve this one.  One thing you can do is make sure your arcs are the proper length.  Do the Draw, arc, strat, center, length route and you'll get that 93' arc correctly shown..  The two arcs at the top are kinda tricky to bring together because they rely heavily in the actual angle that the large arc on the left side.  

Maybe it can be worked out geometrically but, I'd need another dimension or something to make it work and feel comfortable about it.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Site plan trouble
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 08:30:32 PM »
Revised DWG
I think paul is correct, my revision is just a guess, You need another angle for one of the arcs.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Dinosaur

Site plan trouble
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 09:21:32 PM »
There is an error on the long arc length.  It lists out to be 96.00 feet instead of the labeled 93.00 feet.  You really need to know if the line segments are supposed to be radial to the arcs to construct the boundary.  short of that, you need to know either chord and chord bearings or initial tangent bearings for the curves.  I would send it back to the provider and ask for a survey that closes because of (1) the bad call and (2) insufficient information.

To check this plan, I scaled it down  12:1, set the drawing units to decimal with surveyor angles (precision 0.0000) and exploded the polylines to list out all the segments.

EDIT

By using the only two adjacent known courses you have and aligning the two reverse curves to them so the courses are radial, I can force the plan to close if the long arc is in fact 96 feet.  The only problem will be the 28 foot course.  It will remain 28 feet but have a bearing of N 40-49-55 E and will not be radial to the short reverse curve.  This is a lot of assumtions and if at all possible, I would still ask for a good survey unless there is plenty of setback room and no one certifies the boundary.

EDIT AGAIN

OK, I got compulsive and found the solution.  All of your calls except for the 93' arc are correct.   I rotated this arc to make its initial tangent perpendicular to the 86.11 foot line and the other endpoint is within 0.001 of the endpoint of the 28 foot line.
http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/dommy2hotty/drawings/SullivanSitePlanB.dwg?nossi=1

PDJ

Site plan trouble
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 01:04:28 PM »
Hmmm, your 250' arc is still 96' in length though..  I still think we need more dimensions to make this thing work.  I know if you gave this to me to lay out with just the dimensions shown, I wouldn't waste my time, I'd require more info.

Dinosaur

Site plan trouble
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 05:58:53 PM »
I think the arc was mislabeled and has to be 96 feet.  That is how it originaly listed out.  The pieces all fit in a manner consistant with the way a civil engineer would try to lay out this site and the site closes.  The only exception is the nonradial  28 foot segment which still bothers me.  A 93 foot arc could only be achieved by messing up the geometry.  I agree with you though it is a waste of effort to proceed without more information.

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Site plan trouble
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 06:08:16 PM »
Thank you all...I figured I couldn't figure it out without more info...I mean, I could eyeball it, and hope that the angles of the arcs were right, but if the house doesn't fit in real life, then I'm screwed...

I probably mis-labeled that in my hast...sorry...I just got the site plan from the engineer, so I'm using his...but thanks for the help...I just didn't know if it could be figured out with that information :twisted: