Author Topic: Double Click woes...  (Read 4583 times)

Dr. After

Double Click woes...
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:14:01 AM »
Fresh install of Vanilla 2007 here, and it now only opens the property GUI everytime on everything I click.  So no more text editor on text.  I need that back, and while I am here I have been toying around a bit with the double click actions and cannot figure out how to modify them.  I would like to have the double click of a dimension open the text editor, as my properties window is always up and I don't need to double click items to get that.

The funny thing is, my idea for 2007 was used in order to make this here double click editor, and I have no idea how to use it. :ugly:

BTW - I have already searched this forum and have not found any help with this editor, only scripts and such, which I am trying to stay away from with our current IT department.  Thanks in advance!

OK, I got the dimension text editor with double click linked...  I didn't realize this was a drag and drop process for creating the action.  This is rather easy, but the instruction in the CAD help file don't do it justice.  I should be able to fix all the other double click actions this way, too.  I just don't know why none of this worked with the fresh install.  I made sure DBLCLKEDIT was on and the string of actions from the original acad.cui files are there, but a red line is through all of them.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:33:52 AM by Dr. After »

Dr. After

Re: Double Click woes...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 10:19:33 AM »
I have been able to create a double click action for line that runs the offset command, but I cannot get DDEDIT assigned to dimensions or attributes, and that is what I really need.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks guys!

mohnston

• Bull Frog
  • CAD Programmer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »
One way is to edit the "double-click" actions in the CUI editor.
They will let you determine what action will be taken when a certain type of object is double-clicked.

On the down side you would have to use the CUI editor which is a piece of trash.
It's amazing what you can do when you don't know what you can't do.
CAD Programming Solutions

Dr. After

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »
This question is already pertaining to the GUI for double click editing...  I followed the directions in the help file and it isn't getting me anywhere.  I can only get one to work, yet it has a line through it.  The only one I made without a red line through it doesn't work.  I don't get how to use the thing is the problem.  I was hoping someone here could show me how.   :wink:

Dr. After

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »
I just realized, this is in the wrong dang forum...  it should be in general cad...

Dr. After

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
The help in here has kinda died off since the last time I was around...

In any case, this double click thing is very moody.  I Finlay deleted the one I was working with in trying to edit dimensions and made one from scratch again.  Now it works, but without even messing with my attribute one, it just quit working.  Is that because it accesses the same DDEDIT command?  Can I only use a command for one operation?  WTF is going on here?  Has anyone used this before?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
ddedit does not work on attributes, unless they are not part of a block.  You should use ddatte for attribures, which is really for the block itself.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Dr. After

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »
DDEDIT is the one I use on this set of attributes and it works great.  The problem is...  I can set it for the erase command and it won't do that all the time either.  Have you had any of the same problems?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 06:18:11 PM »
I don't use the double click to edit anything, so I wouldn't know.  Sorry I can't be more help.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Dr. After

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 06:23:07 PM »
you are soooo fired....

:lol:

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 07:26:24 AM »
I moved the thread so let's see if anyone here has any ideas for you.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 07:38:10 AM »
In Options/Selection -> Selection modes, I have a tick in the noun/verb selection and that allows me to double click on many things to edit...

Is that what you are looking for, or am I waaaay off course :-)
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Dr. After

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 09:44:32 AM »
Thank you CAB!!!!

Jonesy,
You are not way off course.  I checked that already to make sure it was selected.  It honestly just acts like a female command.  Does one thing one day and another thing the next...  Very moody.   (waiting for the women to beat my arse)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 11:44:38 AM »
It honestly just acts like a female command.  Does one thing one day and another thing the next...  Very moody.   (waiting for the women to beat my arse)
     watch out... here we come   
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Kate M

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »
ddedit does not work on attributes, unless they are not part of a block.  You should use ddatte for attributes, which is really for the block itself.

Depends on the version. I think 2006 or 2007 restored the "universal edit" command, which works on dtext, mtext, dimensions, and blocks.

Kate M

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
This question is already pertaining to the GUI for double click editing...  I followed the directions in the help file and it isn't getting me anywhere.  I can only get one to work, yet it has a line through it.  The only one I made without a red line through it doesn't work.  I don't get how to use the thing is the problem.  I was hoping someone here could show me how.   :wink:

How many CUI files do you have loaded? You must edit your double-click actions in the last-loaded CUI file. (For most other things, the first-loaded takes precedence.) For me, that means my Custom CUI, which is loaded as a partial to my main CUI.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »
i haven't messed with this in awhile but alot of the problems occur when elements are inside of the wrong cui files. for instance i have the custom cui as the main and acad and express loaded as partials and i also have a company cui loaded as enterprise. different things work in different files due to the loading order. you said your double clicks have a red cross through them which means they are being overriden and should not be in that cui file. i think i did all of my double clicks inside of the acad.cui i will have to play with it again to really tell you how it works but hopefully this will lead you in the right direction. someone really needs to put together a chart of what works in what in various scenarios.

Dr. After

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 09:55:26 AM »
The only one I am still having problems with tis the attribute editor I am assigning to blocks.  Basically this is for the title block that is made as a block reference and I use DDEDIT to access it's editor.  In the CUI, I have given it the
General
Name: Block Attribute
Description: <blah blah blah>
Advanced
Object Name: BLOCK
Element ID: DCU_0091
Macro
Macro: ^C^C_ddedit
Advanced
Element ID: ID_Ddedit

Let me know if you guys have any more ideas why this isn't working.  Thanks for the help so far!!!

Dr. After

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 10:24:18 AM »
I still cannot get this to work.  Should I try a fresh install?