Author Topic: Assembly Help  (Read 1726 times)

nlund1972

Assembly Help
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »
I am trying to create my assemblies for my street section.  The curb needs to be independent of each other and the centerline of the road.  I have been trying to create an assembly that goes from property line to property line and still keep the curb independent with alignments and profiles.  When I create the assembly, I have been trying to use an offset for the lip of gutter to tie to, but when I use it in the corridor, the offset (LOG) doesn't show up, just the end point (property line) is available to attach to a target.  How do I get around this?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Assembly Help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »
If you expand (hit the +) the region that has the assembly which contains the offset; you will see that you now have TARGETS to attach on the Parameters Tab as well as the Set Targets operation.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

nlund1972

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:34:34 AM »
I think my problem is in my profiles.  I'm not sure what has happened, but I've gotten my assemblies to work, but my surface is all screwed up.  For some reason, the assemblies are not consistently targeting my profiles.  They attach to the alignment correctly, but it's hit and miss on the profiles.  When I view the surface, it is targeting correctly at the sample points, but the areas in between, it is dropping down 0.5'.  I don't know why!!!!

scout

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
I think my problem is in my profiles.  I'm not sure what has happened, but I've gotten my assemblies to work, but my surface is all screwed up.  For some reason, the assemblies are not consistently targeting my profiles.  They attach to the alignment correctly, but it's hit and miss on the profiles.  When I view the surface, it is targeting correctly at the sample points, but the areas in between, it is dropping down 0.5'.  I don't know why!!!!

Sounds like you are sooo close. It is really hard to figure out without seeing a drawing. Can you post one? I am not sure the posting dwg rules on the swamp. You can also email it to me and if I can figure it out with a quick look, I'd love to help.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:26:41 PM »
Scout, the swamp allows such posting. Also if the file is fairly large one can post the drawing to the Lily Pad.
I found this feature quite helpfull recently.

Further, I'm pretty sure Nate worked this out.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
Scout, the swamp allows such posting. Also if the file is fairly large one can post the drawing to the Lily Pad.
I found this feature quite helpfull recently.

Further, I'm pretty sure Nate worked this out.
and if you find yourself without a lily pad you can use the SwampExpress that can handle just about anything you can send by email.