Author Topic: Need 3D bridge that I created to be rendered...  (Read 7868 times)

daron

Re: Need 3D bridge that I created to be rendered...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »
crzybob02? Do I read you right? You're using an edu version at home for work purposes? Why don't you just get the disks, load them up at home and port the license back and forth?

Nah, I have the educational version at home for my own personal use/school.  But I do bring my own stuff to work sometimes and work on it whenever we have some down time. :P
Thanks for the clarification.

Antisthenes

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »
i guess i didn't get that warning because i don't use Autodesk products.

looks like it is a matter of materials
do you have any specifications?

crzybob02

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »
looks like it is a matter of materials
do you have any specifications?

not too much. the metal beams can be any of your basic bridge colors (greenish, blueish, grayish, dark orange/red). the only thing that i would like is that the stone towers look like giant stone blocks stacked up, but i might have to actually build the towers up out of individual blocks to have that look.

Josh Nieman made me a rendering the other day and it looked great, but I would still like some more... this way i can possibly pick and pull from different renderings and see/learn the different methods you guys use.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:33:01 PM by crzybob02 »

Antisthenes

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »
go to Owens Corning(or other stone veneer mfg.) and pick a cultured stone pattern and turn it to a tillable texture. that should work

the reason those projections look realistic is because of the dirty' imperfect textures...