Author Topic: AutoCAD 2009 - Can you render?  (Read 3417 times)

jnieman

AutoCAD 2009 - Can you render?
« on: August 04, 2008, 10:42:19 AM »
Anyone able to successfully hit the render button?

No matter how simple a drawing I have, hitting the render button is an instant crash.

Before Update/SP 1... it only crashed SOMETIMES... now, post-update, which was specifically supposed to fix these things, it crashes 100% of the time, without variance, as soon as I click render.

I'm actually starting to have large problems with 3D in 2009.

It's visual styles blow harder than ever, it displays the shaded view in a different place than the actual object (so that when you hover of the object, it's dashed object lines are in a different location than the visible shaded faces...

Most of the visual things don't hurt production much, but I have to be able to render.  I can't do it at all.  I'm going on 2 weeks from getting a f**king answer from the subscription report I submitted for that...

Submitting a new one for this 'render' problem now.

jnieman

Re: AutoCAD 2009 - Can you render?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »
:|

Hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »
We render here on 2009 no problem so it sounds like a problem with your installation... try a repair... otherwise it may be a reinstall  :-(

jnieman

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
Repair install did nothing.

Don't have time to do a full uninstall/reinstall right now... that one thing Autodesk seems to neglect to remember is that most of us out here have WORK to do that relies on their software.

jnieman

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »
oh so conveniently, there appears to be a bug in the subscription center tech support submittal form... it lists no software for me to choose support for, and therefore unable to submit a ticket.

awesome.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
Me thinks it is time to call your vendor and somehow let them know a)the challenge in submitting the report b) that this error is of a mission critical nature. My guess is perhaps you will get feedback, most likely not.

If you are better at containing your frustration that I am, you would want to post at the autodesk newsgroups, as they are visited by product types from autodesk. And you just might get a response there. For either one or both issues. However sarcasm and irony don't seem to fly well there, so beware to censor youself lest they do it for you.

Curious, can you send me the file so that I can see it render or NOT here?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/