Author Topic: Automatically Labeling Profile Grade Points in Cross Section?  (Read 3427 times)

rjohnson42

Automatically Labeling Profile Grade Points in Cross Section?
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
I asked this at CADTutor, but I haven't received any responses in a few days. Figured I'd give y'all a try:

I'm slowly getting used to C3D and am currently working on customizing cross-sections. I have a section and would like to have the profile grade points labeled. Basically, my cross-section is representing a slope adjacent to the roadway and I would like the top of slope and toe of slope labeled. See the arrows in the attachment.

Can this be done automatically when creating sections or controlled by section view properties?

Thanks

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Automatically Labeling Profile Grade Points in Cross Section?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »
yes those points can be labeled

these come from the segment and grade break labels you assign to various surfaces in your sections and can be defined when you make your sample line group, they are created, saved, and applied as a label set much similar to the label set one applies to a profile.

If those grades are coming from your corridor model those are controled by the code set
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

rjohnson42

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »
yes those points can be labeled

these come from the segment and grade break labels you assign to various surfaces in your sections and can be defined when you make your sample line group, they are created, saved, and applied as a label set much similar to the label set one applies to a profile.

If those grades are coming from your corridor model those are controled by the code set

I can add labels for segments/grade breaks, but I cannot find an option to label the profile line grade point.  I have the ability to add a marker (like the circle shown in the previous post); is there a way to add an elevation field to the marker?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
a custom coded "Marked Point" on the assembly that creates that 'profile' point.
Then a label style after importing that new code to your code set
We just used this to have a 3d fence post show up in secton views for a project...at the fence offset.

If I understand what you are after...otherwise send me some data to look at.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

rjohnson42

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »
a custom coded "Marked Point" on the assembly that creates that 'profile' point.
Then a label style after importing that new code to your code set
We just used this to have a 3d fence post show up in secton views for a project...at the fence offset.

If I understand what you are after...otherwise send me some data to look at.

Select https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhXL0dEb0JkMnMwTWNUQw for example.

Like I said in my initial post, I'm pretty new to C3D. How might I go about creating a custom marker? I can't find a way to do both a marker and a label. I can add a marker for the profile grade points automatically in the view section settings. As far as labeling those points, I can only do that manually through the section label options.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »
After closer inspection of your request, sadly the Exisitng Ground Profile  points can not be labeled automatically
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:44:10 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell