Author Topic: Point Creation (Shortest Path) - Need help with Selection and Description Errors  (Read 1200 times)

jvillarreal

• Bull Frog
Can anybody help me figure out how to make this work in Civil 3d versions 2014-2016?

I put a routine together to generate points and add descriptions according to object, layer name, and a fence selection, but it doesn't seem to include the descriptions in 2014 and sometimes errors out in 2016 with "invalid extents". I'm assuming the "invalid extents" has to do with a new selection method in 2016, but don't have 2014 to troubleshoot the description problem.

Also, if anybody has an idea on how to further simplify this process, i'd love to hear it.

As shown in the images, points should be generated for all outside posts, center posts, and all posts on the exterior rows (in red) following a shortest path.

Each motor post gets 3 points (1' left of center, center, and 1' right).

Descriptions include "bp" for bearing post, "gp" for gear post, and "mp" for motor post.

The path shown is the typical path taken for point generation...continued on the next set of posts starting from the side we ended on.

All help is much appreciated. Thanks guys

Edit - Figured it out. - Removed code
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:25:31 PM by jvillarreal »