CAD Forums > CAD General

Fillet with Polyline to Arc

<< < (2/3) > >>

mjfarrell:
could I see a wblock of just that geometry?

I think I know whats happening there...

MSTG007:
Here you go.

mjfarrell:
as suspected the issue is that the intersection of that 'line' and the polyline creates a situation where the fillet is tangent into the arc its attached to....

the solution....potentially

explode the polyline....then set your fillet command to No Trim....this will create the desired geometry and NOT join the entities.

you will then need to trim/extend to 'clean' things up

if the fillet were happening where it could be tangent to both line segments and not along the arc
then you wouldn't need to do this, but I know one cant control how parking lot or other geometry aligns....

roy_043:
When using BricsCAD the final result depends on where you select the polyline. Clicking on the curved portion gives the desired result. Clicking on the straight segment does not.

mjfarrell:

--- Quote from: roy_043 on September 29, 2017, 03:47:46 PM ---When using BricsCAD the final result depends on where you select the polyline. Clicking on the curved portion gives the desired result. Clicking on the straight segment does not.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if there is an underlying difference in how (what direction) the curve(s) are defined in BricsCAD vs Autocad.
IIR  Autocad defines all arcs counter-clockwise by default.  Is this the same in BricsCAD, or do they define arcs Clockwise?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version