Author Topic: 2011 C3D Oddities  (Read 3251 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
2011 C3D Oddities
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »
Just the UI, nothing major, yet!
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: 2011 C3D Oddities
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »

What you doing there Willis?

Is your video card 'optimized' or are you trying to add some features?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:30:50 AM »

What you doing there Willis?

Is your video card 'optimized' or are you trying to add some features?
No, says card is not 'optimized', no surprise there! Just normal work, nothing special.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »
Apparently its the 'Windows Classic' theme that causes the problem.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »
Apparently its the 'Windows Classic' theme that causes the problem.
classic
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »
Ah, I have that too! With Windows XP Classic theme. Still weird, in Civil3D 2010 this did not happen, in plain AutoCAD neither, but in Civil3D 2011 it does. There must be some changes in the program which handles the UI, even while you don't see differences.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

DaveD

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
Another oddity bugging me:
If I have my layer manager set to 'display filtered list in layer drop down' and invert my layer filter, it doesn't affect the drop down...

Very annoying for me because we have a "C3D layers" fileter and I like to generally keep that inverted for the drop down so I don't have all the crap while working.

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »
If I have my layer manager set to 'display filtered list in layer drop down' and invert my layer filter, it doesn't affect the drop down...

Very annoying for me because we have a "C3D layers" fileter and I like to generally keep that inverted for the drop down so I don't have all the crap while working.

I believe that only affects the layer drop down in the Ribbon. Hide that one and use the layer drop down in the Layers toolbar. It's much faster on top of that.

DaveD

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
That's crappy.  Trying to get used to the ribbon (which after a month now or  so I still think generally slows me down) and realizing it's gonna be ribbon/toolbar screens to continue trying to get used to it.  What a wasted effort, that thing - I'd like to give it up all together but see at least with MEP, autodesk doesn't even supply the toolbars OOB anymore... argg

I believe that only affects the layer drop down in the Ribbon. Hide that one and use the layer drop down in the Layers toolbar. It's much faster on top of that.