Author Topic: wonky things are happening...  (Read 1399 times)

CottageCGirl

wonky things are happening...
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »
our architect asked me about a problem he is having..and I have no idea..

he is on 2006 with a wide screen monitor..

when he makes a square, it looks like a square...when he rotates it 90degrees it looks like a rectangle, but still dim's like a square...???  is this just a monitor issue? it still happens if he makes his acad window into a smaller square instead of maximizing on the screen...

Dinosaur

Re: wonky things are happening...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »
I had a similar problem when they brought in a 22" wide screen for me.  The new monitor was intended to run through DVI input and although my video card had DVI ports, the two wouldn't play nice with each other.  There was no more spare cash for a different card so we brought back the DVI/VGA converter and set it up like my old monitor.  Everything worked just swell after that but no DVI video for me until upgrade time or my video card goes belly up.

pmvliet

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:56:41 PM »
I would say it's a monitor and/or driver issue for the video card.
It's odd that a drawn square would look correct, until you rotate it....

When a place I worked at first brought 19" lcd's into the office, all circles were ellipses.
Took some fiddling with the resolution to get them to be circles again...

Might be someplace to start...

Pieter

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:42 PM »
In our case, changing out the drivers from provided to the newest downloads and even older versions had no effect.  It was just a mis-match between the video card and monitor when using the DVI interface.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »
thanks guys!...will try on Monday