Author Topic: 3d to 2d views engine  (Read 34200 times)

Tramber

Re: 3d to 2d views engine
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2006, 04:10:43 PM »
Yes, you already told us about that. I mean the update potential possibilities and I applause.
The idea of producing automatic orthogonal (I suppose) views and sections is good.

By the way, did you know this (I've been told recently and I hadn't paied attention to it) : in US (and UK ?) , the left views are traditionnaly put on the rigtht and they are put on the left (unless it is the opposite  ^-^) in latin countries such as France ?

Rob_Kish

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »
I believe Bert's post is describing Third-Angle projection (common, or standard, in US and in UK) and First-Angle projection (common, or standard in Europe and Asia). See wikipedia description of each.

Tramber

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2006, 03:00:56 PM »
'Xactly  8-)

Now, my question is : when will you draw in meters  :lmao:, just kidding  :kewl:

Rob_Kish

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2006, 08:51:10 PM »
The answer: when supplies are available in metric unit modules ... or when mandated by code or contract.

Bob

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »
The worst thing to find on a drawing is a combination of first and third angle on the same sheet.

Like the plan of the object drawn above it above when the left hand view is drawn on the right (if you know what I mean).

Tramber

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2007, 05:43:33 AM »
Mick !

The download link doesn't work anymore :::

Did you decide to discontinue its availabilty ?

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
Hi Bert, sorry 'bout that, my site was getting spammed so I had to close it down. I'll put the zip back at the first post for those that want to use it, probably later today.
Cheers,
Mick.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about your web site troubles Mick.  I hope you've been well otherwise.

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »
Thanks Chuck, I've been well thanks.
Not that it was much of a site, but it is annoying that these guys with their 'bot's think it's ok to post stuff to your site which is obviously not wanted. I probably could have fixed it but I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
I might even 'organise' the source a bit (it's pretty messy  :roll: ) , add some comments and post it in show your stuff when I get time, should be ok for acad 2000-6 at least, not sure about 2007.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tramber

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2007, 05:06:58 AM »
Cool...

The fact is that I gave the link in a european forum. Recently, some people tried a download that didn't work out. I shall tell them that it is for soon.

PS : as I already told you, I use the routine everyday  :wink:

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »
Ok, it's been a while since I have worked with this one and the worst part is I lost my final code with a hd break down (I could have sworn I had a back up on CD but couldn't find it?!, Sorry for the wait Andy).

Attached is the version for 2k7/8, only in beta so any feedback would be great.

If anyone would like a 2004-6 version I could arrange something next week, if anyone has the very latest 2006 version in zip file with instructions could you please post a copy for others, thanks.

I'll attach them back at the first post as well.

Commands are:

DCS2DPLAN - creates a plan view of the objects and projects them to the plane of the ucs
DCS2dVIEW - creates a view of the objects given 2 points to determine view direction and puts them on wcs where you pick
DCS2DCLIP - as above only the view/objects will be clipped to the distance given by the 2 picked points.

A few notes:
If you want to have the output come out properly you will need to create 2 layers named L-HIDDEN and L-VISIBLE with their respective line types and colours set to suit.
At present there is no filtering for 3d solids only so it will take lines, circles etc through the engine and project them to the plane (like flatten), this may be handy for certain situations such as taking grid lines or text etc into the produced view. I may create a version that filters for solids and normal ents and puts the normal ents on their original layers.
Passing of xdata to output is not available yet either but won't be too far away.

EDIT: remove file, see posts below.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:03:36 PM by MickD »
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tom

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 10:34:27 PM »
Hi Mick
Thanks for this I have just downloaded it and when I load I get this message
DCS2dEngine2k7.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs.

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Ahh, ok. You will need to load the adesk hlrapi dbx. If you run solprof (even if you cancel out) it should load the dll then you should be right. If that doesn't work, you will need to load the attached first as well. Once I get it sorted I'll package it up a bit better.
Thanks Tom.

EDIT: removed file, see post below
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:04:15 PM by MickD »
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »
Try this, I've removed the other links above.

just load the dcs*.arx and it will load it's dependencies itself, the little things you take for granted :)
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »
Just a quick note.

In previous versions I had a 'snapshot' (flatshot in 2007/8) command that took created a 2d image of your current view. This isn't implemented in this release but if you want to create iso images etc. set up your desired view, set ucs to 'view' and use the plan view command.
It will just project the image to world in some place but it can be moved using layer filters or ssx or similar.
Next version with have a block/group creating option so the views are easier to move or grab.
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien