CAD Forums > CAD General

Mtext and Mirror

(1/3) > >>

Keith™:
Ok folks I was just presented with a strange problem I am not sure how to handle, and it is quickly becoming a real PITB....I was wondering if anyone could recreate this problem so I might officially label it a bug.

I have some MText that whenever I mirror it, it automatically rotates it to 180 degrees, but, if I mirror it back, it retains it's 180 degree orientation. then if I rotate it to 0, mirror again, it automatically reverts back to 180 degrees, it seems no matter what if I mirror the MText it always reverts to 180 degrees automatically.

I have tracked it down to the X-Axis direction vector (DXF 11) or Rotation angle (DXF 50), but regardless, it "should" retain it's view when mirrored, at very least if you "un-mirror" the text it should return to it's original state.

One thing I have noticed also is that the rotation angle is reported as 0 in the properties, but as 360 in the entity ... how does that happen?

t-bear:
Keith...what do you mean by "...rotates to 180 degrees....".  I have mirrtext set to 0 and my mtext doesn't "rotate", whether vertical or horizontal.  It maintains its 0 orientation.

whdjr:
Kieth,

In A2K I can mirror mtext and it rotates like you said, but if I unmirror or mirror back like it was it returns fine.
I tried it in ADT2005, but it didn't rotate at all.

PDJ:
All that rotating and mirroring made me dizzy.. Keith, can you post an example of what you're doing??  

What's really bad is T-Bear understood what you were sayin..

I dunno if it's all the rotating or the Krispy Kremes in the break room that are givin me a headache.. I need to investigate further..

Keith™:
Look at this picture

Text in order from top to bottom..
1 - 2 - 3

Text 1 mirrored to produce Text 3
Text 3 mirrored to produce Text 2

With mirrtext set to 0, the result "should" be all exactly like Text 1...but it is not...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version