Author Topic: DWT Template File goes AWOL on the server.  (Read 1559 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
DWT Template File goes AWOL on the server.
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
I have my DWT file on the server and point autocad to that location.  But something goes bump and then I am the only one that can see the file, my users can not from their seats.  I can see and touch the file with both autocad and windows explorer.  They can not see the file with either application.  They can see other files in the folder.  They can see the copy of the template if I make it.   The server cannot see the file. 

The folder and the files are set to be access offline for every user. 

I have no idea what is going on and neither does my ITwit.  Any insight would be appreciated.

I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

sinc

Re: DWT Template File goes AWOL on the server.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »

The folder and the files are set to be access offline for every user. 

Just a guess that this has something to do with it...?  Maybe the file is in your offline cache, and not on the server at all...?

However, that is just a guess, and I really have no idea what might be going on...  Never encountered anything like that.

craigr

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »
I agree with sinc.

For a while, we had an interal server and an external server - for security reasons.

The external 'mirrored' the internal server. For the people outside our office looking at our server, all they saw was the external server.

Are you SURE you are each looking at the SAME server?

craigr

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »
I ended up not sinc'g these folders and the problem went away.   After deeper thought and review Win7 offline file sync app; we determined we needed greater control for back up purposes only and that we wanted it go in direction only.  Basically I was using the wrong tool for the job. 

As for seeing where something is and is not, I can not answer that.  Thanks.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans