Author Topic: US Salary Statistics  (Read 5388 times)

PDJ

US Salary Statistics
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 07:14:29 PM »
[quote="Kate MIf you want drafting engineers, make them draft for two years before you let them graduate from engineering school. Worked for me. :-)[/quote]

I tried convincing the Air Force to do just what you're talking ab out there Kate.. If you want to fly a jet for the Air Force, you should be down there in the hangar at 2 in the morning checking all the rivets cause of some extra G-Force move a pilot did while out horsing around.  Make them turn wrenches for 2 years and it'll make them better pilots with less maintenance costs I guaratee..

We actually had our engineers doing something similiar to what you mentioned.  When I was a construction inspector, we'd get young engineers in and let them inspect projects that other engineers designed, that way they'd learn what mistakes to avoid and what it takes when a simple mistake is made and needs to be corrected.  

Wow, are we straying off topic??

Oh well.. It's all T-Bears fault.. :lol:

Dent Cermak

US Salary Statistics
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 10:24:45 PM »
T-Bear's like that you know. The point you bring up is SO true. Everyone needs to do their time in the trenches before trying to lead the wolf pack. The best officers that I served with were the ones that had been an E6 or E7 BEFORE they went to OCS.
I worked at Michael Baker, Jr. for several years. They put their EIT's through the paces doing field work and I think it made for better PE's.