CAD Forums > CAD General

US Salary Statistics

(1/4) > >>

Keith™:
For those of you interested this is a link to the US Government Bureau of Labor Statistics detailing the job description, salary statistics and future outlook for "Drafters". It certainly will put your view of how much you get paid into perspective.

Mark:
Great link Keith

t-bear:
I *KNEW* I was under-paid....just didn't realize HOW underpaid.
Thanks, Keith....I think......

Trev:
I wonder how acurate those things are in reality.
Mind you I agree in that the job outlook is decreasing but I don't think it is in they way they portray. Certainly not here in Aust. in my industry.
Drafters doing more engineering work!!!   phhhhhhttttt... not likely, what are the engineers going to do then. It's more like the engineers or at least junior engineers doing drafting work eliminating the need to employ a drafter. I've seen project managers having to do drawings (at minimum edit drawings) to eliminate the drafting expense.
NEWS FLASH: It costs more, damn lame brains.
Oh but at least you get crap drawings. :P
oops sorry, started going of on a tangent and started venting.

Keith™:
I know of at least 5 people personally that make above the 50% median and I know one who who was making 62k, simple drafting fools, like ourselves. I rank at the high end of the 50% group, and hopefully I will move into the next bracket soon, although I know I will not make it into the top 10% anytime real soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version