Poll

What version of ObjectDCL do you use and why?

Lite
0 (0%)
Standard
0 (0%)
Pro
2 (15.4%)
Enterprise
3 (23.1%)
None of the Above
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 18, 2006, 04:43:28 PM

Author Topic: ObjectDCL Version  (Read 14952 times)

whdjr

ObjectDCL Version
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:43:28 PM »
Which flavor is yours?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: ObjectDCL Version
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:02:57 PM »
Enterprise

ADDED as requested:
Reason : 'Cause I wanted full capability.< sortof obvious I thought >
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:04:27 PM by Kerry Brown »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

whdjr

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »
You not gonna vote and tell why?

LE

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »
Like the Star Trek Voyager but abandoned... some time ago.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 06:13:42 PM »
None of the above
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 06:17:09 PM »
Enterprise. Lot more features.

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 07:44:16 AM »
Looks cool but None of the above.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

whdjr

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »
Isn't Enterprise a couple hundred dollars.  That's pretty hardcore for your average drafter turned programmer. :lol:

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 08:40:14 AM »
in perspective,

I'd considered what it would cost to roll my own. I couldnt even make a couple of controls for the cost of the full version ... but I probably look at the relative value differently to most people :-)
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

LE

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 09:34:19 AM »
Isn't Enterprise a couple hundred dollars.  That's pretty hardcore for your average drafter turned programmer. :lol:

LE

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »
Just try to get into MFC or to write a control or a container like the accont.arx.... I'll tell you it is VERY COMPLEX [maybe for the masters of masters not]... what Chad did, with ODCL even with the bugs... paids the first time you finish one of the user interface for any of your routines.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »
Why hasn't Autodesk bought (stolen <editied 'borrowed'>) ObjectDCL (like BlockExtender)?  It would make VB(A), DotNET obsolete to 99% of the users of it's products.  I don't think pappa MS would be too happy with that.

I needed a Block Manager utility: at the time there was no way to get the thumbnails of blocks in a remote drawing, in a couple of days Chad added the ability to load an external drawing into the Blockview control to display it's blocks.  He even asked if I would like an import function!  Chad deserves so much more for ODCL than I would assume he's getting . . .. :cry:
James Buzbee
Windows 8

LE

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 10:41:25 AM »
Why hasn't Autodesk bought (stolen <editied 'borrowed'>) ObjectDCL (like BlockExtender)?  It would make VB(A), DotNET obsolete to 99% of the users of it's products.  I don't think pappa MS would be too happy with that.

I needed a Block Manager utility: at the time there was no way to get the thumbnails of blocks in a remote drawing, in a couple of days Chad added the ability to load an external drawing into the Blockview control to display it's blocks.  He even asked if I would like an import function!  Chad deserves so much more for ODCL than I would assume he's getting . . .. :cry:

I totally agree with you 500%...

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 10:49:57 AM »
Why hasn't Autodesk bought (stolen <editied 'borrowed'>) ObjectDCL (like BlockExtender)?  It would make VB(A), DotNET obsolete to 99% of the users of it's products.

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Maybe 5%.

Chad deserves so much more for ODCL than I would assume he's getting . . .. :cry:

That I agree with.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »
Why hasn't Autodesk bought (stolen <editied 'borrowed'>) ObjectDCL (like BlockExtender)? 
Please James no, let them keep away from it! :kewl: Remember everytime Autodesk buys a competing software. What happened to Generic CAD? OK ADT still around but limping. VIZ?
A year ago I asked Chad if DynaBlocks was his BlockExtender. His answer was no. That does not prove anything obviously, but DynaBlocks are not as powerfull as his version I think, so maybe he did not lie to me.