Author Topic: Toolbars relocating automatically  (Read 2292 times)

whdjr

Toolbars relocating automatically
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:03:29 AM »
What is the secret to keep toolbars where they are when you close AutoCad?  I had too much screen area being used up by unused AutoCad tools on the default toolbars, so I took the time and made me some new toolbars with just the tools that IO use on a regular basis.  Now when I open AutoCad some of the tools are in a different location from where they were when I closed AutoCad, however they are in the same location each time and it is the same toolbars that are relocated.

My question is, Is there a magic switch that can fix my problem? :-)  I know in the old mnu files you could specify the location of toolbars there but I'm not sure where to look now.

Please help.... :cry:

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Toolbars relocating automatically
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 08:04:55 AM »
what version of acad? if 2006, you can lock them.  If older, are you loading a profile when you open acad that might be moving them
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

whdjr

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:10:34 AM »
2006 and locking doesn't work.  I move them to where I want them, close Acad, reopen and they are moved right back again.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:11:54 AM »
are you using a enterprise CUI file that might be moving them?
Workspace doing it?
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

whdjr

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:17:06 AM »
Not using Workspaces or Enterprise Cui just added a partial menu with my toolbars.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »
And is it those toolbars that are moving or some other toolbars?

whdjr

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:24:43 AM »
Actually no it's not one from the partial menu.  By creating the partial menu for my toolbars I was able to turn off all the ACAD toolbars except 'Layers' and 'ET:Layers'.  Those are the two that keep resetting.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 08:26:04 AM »
did you create your partial via MNS/MNU code or CUI?

whdjr

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 08:27:05 AM »
CUI.  Using the transfer method.

GARILM

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 08:29:02 AM »
Not using Workspaces or Enterprise Cui just added a partial menu with my toolbars.

Try opening your workspce tool bar and saving the changes after you make them.
Also try searching the autodesk discussion groups Thier has been alto
of talk about toolbars not staying.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 08:29:12 AM »
can you post your CUI file?  Id be interested in looking at it to see if there are coordinates for those 2 toolbars that are being ignored OR being used to move the bars out of where you want them.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 08:30:06 AM »
Do you have 2 screens? If so, did you move these toolbars to your "non-primary" screen?

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

whdjr

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 08:34:24 AM »
OK, I was able to fix the problem.  After asnwering the questions from CmdrDuh and I realized I was only using 2 original toolbars so I just transfered those to my partial menu and renamed them and then turned off the original two.  Now everything works great.  I still don't know the problem but i managed to work around it.  If you guys still want to work through it then just keep posting and I will try to pass on what I can.

Thanks again...

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 08:52:13 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, Its Miller Time,  no wait, its to early for that, ITs Folgers time!