Author Topic: Weird purge error  (Read 3003 times)

Kate M

Weird purge error
« on: February 18, 2004, 05:16:55 PM »
Anybody ever seen this before?

Code: [Select]
acdbOpenObject failed

I get it trying to purge a text style out of my drawing...as far as I can tell it's not referenced anywhere, and everything else purges fine. The Autodesk website hasn't heard of it either.

Ideas? :roll:

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Weird purge error
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »
have you tried wblocking the drawing into a new drawing?

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

hyposmurf

Weird purge error
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 05:50:25 PM »
Hover bother (2000) The AutoCAD 2000 Block command now provides a dialog box, unlike previous versions that used the command line. This dialog box offers options about what to do with the original objects you use to create the block definition. One of these option is Retain, which means that the original objects are left behind after you create the block definition. If the objects include any dimensions, you see a very interesting bug. Follow these steps to reproduce it. First, issue the following commands to create a couple of objects to make into a block definition.

_.LINE 1,1 5,1

_.DIMLINEAR

3,1 3,3

Next, use the Block command to create a block called TEST that contains those two objects. Make sure you use the Retain option so the original objects are left behind. Next, insert block TEST and modify the original dimension. The following command sequence performs those steps:

_.-INSERT TEST
6,0 1 1 0
_.STRETCH _Crossing 0,0 2,2

0,0 1,0

Now, hover the cursor over the dimension within the inserted block (not the modified original dimension), and you see the bug. Every time you move the cursor, a line containing the message acdbOpenObject failed: appears on the command line and text window. After you hover over the dimension for a while, these messages push everything else from the command line and text window.

Workaround: The -Block command (note the leading hyphen) provides the old command line interface that lacks the Retain feature, and therefore also lacks the bug. If you prefer the dialog box, use the Delete option instead of the Retain option,. Either way, you can use the Oops command to retrieve the original objects in a way that does not trigger this bug.

[/list:u]

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Weird purge error
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 10:19:14 PM »
veddy interethtink
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Hangman