Author Topic: I'm ready to go back to 2005  (Read 3517 times)

Chuck Gabriel

Re: I'm ready to go back to 2005
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 12:46:10 PM »
Have you tried running the program in a fresh-out-of-the-box state without any customizations?

PDJ

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 01:50:48 PM »
ok, finally got an answer from my tech support folks and it seems to be workin..

Map Performance - To optimize performance, you can try implementing the suggestions listed below.

1. At the command line, enter MAPSKINMAP to disable the Map Skin.
   2. Uninstall the Civil Component (if you are not using civil objects). The uninstall can be done from the Add/Remove Programs dialog box by choosing Change/Remove or by choosing ‘Custom” during the time of the install.
   3. Set the DYNMODE system variable to 0.
   4. Set the SELECTIONPREVIEW system variable to 0.
   5. Set the DTEXTED system variable to 1.
   6. Set the MTEXTED system variable to <OLDEDITOR>.
   7. At the command line, enter VTOPTIONS. In the View Transitions dialog box, clear the 3 selections below:
         Enable animation for pan & zoom.
         Enable animation when view rotates.
         Enable animation during scripts.

8. Also in the View Transitions dialog box, Set Transition Speed to Fast and set Performance to 1.0.
   9. At the command prompt, enter Options. Make the following changes in the Options dialog box:

Drafting tab > Drafting Tooltip Appearance > Settings. Select ‘Use settings only for Dynamic Input tooltips.’

Plot and Publish tab > Background processing options, and then clear both Plotting and Publishing options.

10. Refer to solution TS14972.  This document provides general suggestions for improving performance.

My computer is finally running like it should now and my AutoCad doesn't look like some kind of Apple program.. Life is good.

Dinosaur

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 04:07:26 PM »
That would be the shotgun approach.  I am glad it is working for you but I wonder which of the changes had the desired results . . . I think now you are pretty much using r2005 after all of that.