Author Topic: Triangulation (re-visited)  (Read 312750 times)

Rod

• Newt
Re: Triangulation (re-visited)
« Reply #780 on: April 25, 2019, 07:22:06 PM »
Cos,
not many users are willing to run a FAS from an unknown source.

You are asking users to run a FAS
Email you with their user name, HDD serial number, PC name etc.
Run another FAS

My guess is very few will be willing to do this. You may have more luck posting the lsp if possible
"All models are wrong, some models are useful" - George Box

CostinBos77

• Mosquito
  • Land surveyor in action !
« Reply #781 on: April 26, 2019, 02:40:58 AM »
Hello Rod,

Thanks for your observation.

1. For me , when I am talking about AutoCAD/ AutoLISP, I am very serious.

2. I am too busy with cutting the 3D Model , instead to hide some tricky lines as a virus.
I am considering this is not a place for jokes.
To destroy some computers , is not my goal and will not make my daily job easier.

3. Already 30 people download it . And 2 of them already use it .

4. The fas file is 1.33Mb , 31.000 compact lines . Even for me , It is very hard to find and change something . So , for somebody else will be a nightmare . I keep it as it is , because it is already used by 30 people .

5. It is nothing brilliant inside . Only commands over commands added in 15 years of work . I am not a genius , I create this from 0 , everything it is original ( except the idea for Triangulation Function from Mr. E.E. , as I said before ) , and for the necessity of achieving daily tasks.
User Functions : F1, F2,   ... , F100 .
User Programmes : P1 ( F5 , F7 , F120 ..... ) , P2 (F9 , F7 , F130 , .... ) ... P100 (...) .

6. I uploaded some demo videos to demonstrate that it can be done and to raise some questions about the difference of using between 3D Face and 3D Mesh .

7. For people who have doubts ,  can use AutoCAD Civil 3D , it is much much better than mine .

Regards,

Costin

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:07:05 PM by CostinBos77 »
Land surveyor in action !!!

:yes:

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
« Reply #782 on: April 26, 2019, 04:42:58 PM »
Costin,

While I understand your concerns. Please understand respectfully; the point of this forum is for users helping users understand and write their own lisp code. compiling the code does not reflect what this forum is for.

In addition, their have been some unscrupulous people trying to use this forum for unsolicited advertising, and yes - in a few cases have tried to pawn off viruses to unsuspecting users. The folks on this forum as a result tend to be a bit gun-shy of compiled code.
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

CostinBos77

• Mosquito
« Reply #783 on: April 27, 2019, 02:25:39 AM »
Hello PKENEWELL ,

1. If my archive is against the rules of this site, the moderator can remove it with no arguments .

2. If the fas file can be a potential problem, then you can watch safely on YouTube and if you like it , then you can use it .

... the point of this forum is for users helping users understand and write their own lisp code . compiling the code does not reflect what this forum is for .
I am totally agree with you . But , to copy from a lisp file , will not help anybody to learn something .

4. I am considering a west of time to discuss about a fas file inside of this important post about Triangulation
( I don't want to spoil the value of this subject with some banal / trivial comments ) , instead of to put the important questions :

- the intersection between two 3D objects , a circle / polyline and a 3D Face or 3D Mesh ;
- how to determine if a point it is inside / outside of a triangle ;
- how to calculate / interpolate Z inside of 3D triangle;
- how to calculate the volume between two 3D surfaces ;
- how to force the TIN to follow some levels ( break lines ) ;
- how to calculate the minimum border of cloud points of a 3D Model ;

and so on .

This kind of questions I expected to see . I am looking for this ensures too .

Regards ,

Costin
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:13:21 AM by CostinBos77 »

snownut2

• Swamp Rat
  • Bricscad 22 Ultimate
« Reply #784 on: April 27, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »
CostinBos77, do you know if this program works with GStarCAD or ZWCAD??

FAS file will only work in ACAD, BricsCAD has their own compiler that can be downloaded for free, it runs independent of BricsCAD so the person using it does not need BricsCAD on their machine.

Maybe CostinBos77 could compile lisp files with BricsCAD compiler for you.

CostinBos77

• Mosquito
« Reply #785 on: April 27, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
Hello snownut2 ,

unfortunately , I don't have contact with any other software as BricsCAD or ZwCAD anymore .

Just happened in one company for what I worked , to provide me a computer with BricsCAD
( anyway , I was very frustrated about this ) . It is looking similar , but it is working differently .

Regards ,

Costin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:29:16 AM by CostinBos77 »

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #786 on: April 28, 2019, 12:33:21 AM »
The subject of compiled lisp is interesting maybe the likes of Norton, Mc Afee could look at it from a virus point of view ?

Or do we need a certification process where say open code is sent to Autodesk/theswamp compiled then you can have a  checksum etc to be checked. Autodesk apps are checked not just posted onto their site.

If I supply a Fas then my credentials would be over 10,000 posts at Cadtutor, posts at Forums/Autodesk & Augi.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

CostinBos77

• Mosquito
« Reply #787 on: April 29, 2019, 02:30:27 AM »
Ok , I understood Mr. BigAl .

I have removed the fas file and all the external links.

Regards ,
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:01:12 AM by CostinBos77 »

sanju2323

• Newt
« Reply #788 on: February 07, 2020, 08:41:26 PM »
Hi,
It has been many years since this topic, but regretted that no updates have been received after Lisp triang v.0.6.7. I will request to all members please keep updating Lisp.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #789 on: February 08, 2020, 05:59:36 AM »
Hi,
It has been many years since this topic, but regretted that no updates have been received after Lisp triang v.0.6.7. I will request to all members please keep updating Lisp.

Now even BricsCAD have decent TIN command that performs very fast and with that said lisp versions are outdated and not preferable choice for this operation because of speed of calculation...
Though TIN command does TIN surface, but without convex hull triangles, so this meigt be one of lacks, but compensation for this is that speed is very satisfactory and implementation of hull triangles would then bring only lack of performace with very small effect of final resulting surface difference...
If you are using ACAD, I suggest that you use one of It's Alive's aka Daniel's *.arx files for triangulation as it's also very fast...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

sanju2323

• Newt
« Reply #790 on: February 08, 2020, 06:42:36 AM »
I don't know much about arx code and if arx is better than lisp then I would also like tin and contour to be generated from arx itself.  I think this topic should start with a new one in arx forum.
Thank for the suggestion ribarm. :-D

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #791 on: April 22, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »
Hi

Using TriangV0.6.7.lsp i'm getting this error. A small fix?

* Lisp (new_dialog) failed : DCL id = -1, dialog name 'contours'

Also, the command TIN (defun c:tin) cannot be used by default because is always starts the BricsCAD default and not this routine

Anyone else on BricsCAD to confirm and test?

Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #793 on: April 23, 2020, 09:58:20 AM »
 :straight: great!
Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..

takieddine

• Mosquito
« Reply #794 on: September 29, 2021, 10:29:44 AM »
Hi
Can someone plz share Triang V0.6.7
I couldn't find it.
Thanks in advance