Author Topic: Triangulation (re-visited)  (Read 312766 times)

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
Re: Triangulation (re-visited)
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2011, 05:19:51 PM »
I hope my words do not destroy the great atmosphere of communication and mutual learning on the forum!  :?

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
I hope my words do not destroy the great atmosphere of communication and mutual learning on the forum!  :?

You've contributed a great piece of code ElpanovEvgeniy, Спасибо.
New tread (not retired) - public repo at https://github.com/pkohut

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »

You wrote this code in another language and your code is much faster...

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »

You wrote this code in another language and your code is much faster...

It uses a different algorithm than Paul Bourke's to crank the speed way up, being written in C++ just pushes it over the top more.  :-) With the internal data structures (http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=15784.msg310523#msg310523), support for contouring and break lines would just need a little code.

Like you, it was done for personal interest at the time and achieved its primary goal
New tread (not retired) - public repo at https://github.com/pkohut

VovKa

• Water Moccasin
  • Ukraine
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:13 PM »
Hello again:
Evgeny: the one that says what is right, there is no threat to destroy anything.
In Spanish  is said : it that telling the truth, nor commit sin, nor lying.
I attached a dwg that I think will help you test the algorithm, for the day you get back the program.
Greetings from Madrid.

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
Adorning with colors the triangulations, the 3DFACE and contours with color by slope (3dfaces ) or level ( polylines) .
Endless possibilities.
Greetings.

ymg

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 08:56:31 PM »
Evgenyi,

Too bad you let it go.

The speed of that piece of code is incredible!

However as I told you earlier it is written very tightly which makes it a little difficult to follow.

You are and remain a great contributor.

ymg

ymg

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »
Also I am sure that this could be optimized <<<< There are 3 or 4 methods ( p.e.geometric general calculation ) that are not highly purified. If you have any interest in something really fast ( productive? ), please write me to e-mail private.

I only do it for the fun of it.

My days as a surveyor are done.  With the speed that are obtainable these days and a GPS we could probably keep a dynamic update of a site as it is being graded. For example red zone you need to cut, blue you need to fill, green you are on grade. 

All this while sitting in the bulldozer or the grader.  I know such system do exist but are very pricey.

It is now within our capacity to actually do it.

Fascinating subject as you said.

Hasta Luego,

ymg

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2011, 03:18:30 AM »
Hello:
YMG: For example red zone you need to cut, blue you need to fill, green you are on grade.  <<<< fascinating and suggestive idea ...
Especially for large supericies / volumes with large cuts and fills thick ...
Will always be an approximation work ... the landfill is compressed ... the GPS has a tolerance ... the virgin land is washed by the rain ... but it can save many hours of expensive machinery ...
Very good idea! Bravo.

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27:38 AM »
I think that the game of chess or the development of algorithms (programs) with a strong opponent (friend), it is a great honor! This session, the fastest way to perfection! Therefore, I always try to participate in the topics "-= {Challenge} =- ***".

My code, simple! Use gradual debugging - drawing lines after each piece of code, the example of five points in one hour, you can see and understand the entire algorithm. To do this, do not need to understand the code, draw the visualization of each segment code in the drawing.
I have heard many times that my code difficult to read. Maybe so, but it just and effective. For example in this problem ...

Each time, laying "a strong -  strong  code", I do contribute to the training of successors. I try to give food to those who seek to overtake me! I'm not interested to give the code for easy copying and use. I earn my bread by writing programs and algorithms. I am manage a process of comprehensive automation of CAD, CAM and CAE.

ymg

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2011, 07:50:24 PM »
Very good idea! Bravo.

Well, the idea did not originate with me.

But I know it beats the hell out of driving stakes in the ground to mark cut&fill  :-D

ymg

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
Holas
YMG: Another approach on the navigation above / below a MDT:
Using the contour levels like LWPOLYLINES...  can take advantage using the functions VLAX-CURVE-GETxxxxx. They are native Autocad code and therefore very very fast ...
A progressive sophistication might be, calculate the Z of a point (obtained from a GPS) on the original model and model desirable.
Comparison of Z, the current (real) with the original and desirable, can give much information on the debris (filled) to move and where.
I have done some testing ...with one MDT based on LWPOLYLINE. I post a micro-video... I fail to generate animated GIF, so herewith a AVI  :lol:
Greetings  :-)

ymg

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
I am manage a process of comprehensive automation of CAD, CAM and CAE.

Evgenyi,

I got back into triangulation and contouring as part of a hobby of mine which is writing GCode
for router machine.

There exist very good program like Vectric Aspire but they are so pricey!!

If you want to do 3d routing, thr problem is essantially contouring.

Cheers!

ymg

ymg

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
I have done some testing ...with one MDT based on LWPOLYLINE. I post a micro-video... I fail to generate animated GIF, so herewith a AVI 
Greetings 

Unfortunately, Sofito, the video did not show anything.

But don't be discouraged I am also video challenged.  :-D

ymg