Author Topic: to nest or not to nest  (Read 1944 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
to nest or not to nest
« on: May 17, 2006, 05:12:51 PM »
I just got this file today and the xref nesting is quite impressive :-D

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Bobby C. Jones

• Swamp Rat
  • Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war.
Re: to nest or not to nest
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 05:33:50 PM »
I think that answers that question. 

You should definitely nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest..and nest...

Suddenly my career choice to go into the residential field seems mighty smart :-)
Bobby C. Jones

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »
I like watching the pretty picture  :-o
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

pmvliet

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:54:43 PM »
 :lol: Yowser...

that is truly amazing... The one thing with nesting is that it is important for the people working on a drawing like that to understand how the nesting is working and where everything is coming from. If you have many people in a design team, that could turn into a disaster in a heartbeat. All it takes is for someone to change from attach to overlay in one key file and all the drawings will be FUBAR....

Impressive, but boy that can turn into a real big mess...

Pieter

Slimİ

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »
<Val Speak>Like, Wow!!!</Val Speak>
I drink beer and I know things....

CADaver

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 07:49:22 AM »
While I've never had any trouble nesting XREFs (since R14 anyway), that seems trully excessive.

Sdoman

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 08:10:28 AM »
Wow, what a wicked web they weaved!  There's noting wrong with nesting Xref's so long as there is a method to the madness.   ;-)

t-bear

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:26 AM »
....or in this case, a madness to their method.   We nest xrefs too, but around 4-5 deep at the most.  All of this is in-house and we don't send the 3D model to the customer unless absolutely necessary.  Gotta admit though, that's impressive.........

Sdoman

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »
....or in this case, a madness to their method.........

Better said then I  :-D