Author Topic: Startup suite alternatives  (Read 6007 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: Startup suite alternatives
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 09:44:45 AM »
i believe i've got the setup i want for now thanks guys. heres what i got:

i am loading all startup lsp and vba from acad.lsp and i created my own doc.lsp for demand loading and load it from the acaddoc.lsp.

its working great for now thanks again for all the great input

hendie

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 09:53:34 AM »
keith without even involving autoload i drop this code in and type vmrefl and nothing happens. that's what i was trying to figure out. if i am trying to run this i type -vbarun;doubleshade 
so doubleshade is the macro name not vm. we are saving the path as vm. o this is too confusing. the whole reason i wanted to explore this way was so i could have a bunch of small routines for loading my vba stuff inside of one lsp file but you are telling me a need a seperate file for each. i think i will stick with putting a few lines of code to load them at startup as i said before. it may not be the best way but it is working.

Eloquintet , according to the code that you provided
(setq vm "I:\\HOME\\cadfiles\\ACAD\\LSP\\vm_reflected.dvb!Getvm.Showvm")
vm_reflected.dvb = dvb name
Getvm = module name
Showvm = sub or macro name

If doubleshade is the macro name, why did you use Showvm in the code ?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »
ok hendie i'm still a little confused on this so bear with me. when you say module name do you mean the module name as seen in vba editor. if so it says mdl_Draw is the name. doubleshade is the macro name so you are saying i should put showdoubleshade. so do i put the same thing after vbarun doubleshade? and once i have it formatted correctly i can put multiple short routines like this in one large vbatools.lsp. i will play around with this a bit more

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »
here is what i have which i thought should work but it's not. i tried to put vbarun doubleshade too and that doesn't work either. i don't know whats going on

Code: [Select]
(defun C:vmrefl (/ vm)
  (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
  (setq vm "I:\\HOME\\cadfiles\\ACAD\\LSP\\vm_reflected.dvb!Getmdl_Draw.Showdoubleshade")
  (command "vbarun" vm)
  (princ)
)

hendie

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 11:48:03 AM »
Eloquintet ,
the syntax is: vbarun dvb_name!module_name.macro_name

so if your module is called mdl_Draw and your macro is called doubleshade then you will have

(setq vm "I:\\HOME\\cadfiles\\ACAD\\LSP\\vm_reflected.dvb!mdl_Draw.doubleshade")