Author Topic: Workspaces/cui  (Read 1889 times)

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Workspaces/cui
« on: March 08, 2006, 01:09:41 AM »
I haven't made or used one but perhaps it could be handy for 3d. Anybody use them?

Lin-Z

Re: Workspaces/cui
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 10:04:06 AM »
When the bugs keep out of the picture, they're great. I set up workspaces depending on what I'm going to be working on (training others, training myself) and I can switch between all of them really quckly.  I even created one to switch between my customized Civil 3D and plain old AC so when all I need is the basic menus I just have to change the workspace.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »
Thanks Lin-Z. How do I make it availible to everyone ?

Lin-Z

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »
You can send the saved cui file out to everyone and have them load it.  If it's the main one you want them to  use they can load it as the main CUI on the Options' Files tab.

sinc

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »
You can send the saved cui file out to everyone and have them load it.  If it's the main one you want them to  use they can load it as the main CUI on the Options' Files tab.
Better to have the company-wide CUI as an Enterprise CUI.  That keeps it read-only for users.

The users each have their own custom CUI to use as their main CUI.  They can do all the customization they want in their private CUI.  There's some caveats with keyboard shortcuts and shortcut menus and load orders, but all in all, it works pretty well.  Much better than before.