Author Topic: 3D Usage ? ?  (Read 49240 times)

CADaver

Re: 3D Usage ? ?
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2006, 08:26:57 AM »
How much do you have to change all of your 3D or Autocad Customization after each new release?  HOw much time do you spend to teach your " new user base"  all of your custom menus and lisp and programs or what have ya?  If these teaching is over a week or two I think your user base comment does not hold water. 

Until 2K7, it wasn't much trouble at all.  But with 2K7 it looks like we may need some serious re-tooling as a lot of the functions we use now are built into the new release.

We have on-going training continuously for all users/designers.  We've found that the best way to improve our product is to improve the creators of that product, the designers, so we have formal training sessions every week all the time.

JDMather

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »
Parody - A literary work that imitates the characteristic style of an author for comic effect or ridicule.

Quote - To repeat or copy the words of (another), usually with acknowledgment of the source.

I worked in industry for 15 years, 8 of those out on the shop floor as a journeyman machinist running every manual and CNC machine on the shop.  I also taught manual and CNC machine tool classes for 5 years before I began concentrating on CAD.  I am very comfortable with the AutoCAD, Inventor and Solidworks experience my students get in the program, both 2D and 3D.  I can't claim to belong to the elite group of "original thinkers", but I have more than a passing experience with several CAD programs and have read a bit about the history of technology.

CADaver

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2006, 09:32:24 AM »
Parody - A literary work that imitates the characteristic style of an author for comic effect or ridicule.

Quote - To repeat or copy the words of (another), usually with acknowledgment of the source.

I worked in industry for 15 years, 8 of those out on the shop floor as a journeyman machinist running every manual and CNC machine on the shop.  I also taught manual and CNC machine tool classes for 5 years before I began concentrating on CAD.  I am very comfortable with the AutoCAD, Inventor and Solidworks experience my students get in the program, both 2D and 3D.  I can't claim to belong to the elite group of "original thinkers", but I have more than a passing experience with several CAD programs and have read a bit about the history of technology.
Good, then you should be able to support your positions without the feeble attempts at "parody".

JDMather

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2006, 11:54:45 AM »
Don't see AutoCAD here.  http://students4.autodesk.com Only 3D tools.

CADaver

« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2006, 12:09:01 PM »
Don't see AutoCAD here. http://students4.autodesk.com Only 3D tools.

from the link:
About Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With seven million users, Autodesk is the world's leading software and services company
That would be MOSTLY AutoCAD users.  Besides that, AutoCAD is a 3D tool.