Author Topic: What's new in 2007.  (Read 12431 times)

Lin-Z

Re: What's new in 2007.
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 10:05:56 AM »
[
At Autodesk, the customer is always right
under our thumb, where they can be controlled like the peasants that they are.

It's pretty much career suicide for me to laugh at this let alone agree but  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

sinc

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2006, 10:48:19 AM »
[
At Autodesk, the customer is always right
under our thumb, where they can be controlled like the peasants that they are.

It's pretty much career suicide for me to laugh at this let alone agree but  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Yeah, post that over at AUGI and you'd probably get banned...  :roll:

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 10:56:30 AM »
Yeah, post that over at AUGI and you'd probably get banned...  :roll:

What a great idea.

:evil:
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Jim Yadon

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2006, 02:19:47 AM »
 :evil: I know some of you aren't too thrilled about 2007 but I am tickled pink. :evil:
I just spent all evening playing with it after I got finished unpacking my desk. It's fluid and has some really cool tools for folks that are into 3d work. I am still trying to break it. I'm sure there's at least few of you who could break it programmatically but I'm trying to do it from the inside. If it'll hold up, then I can sell my boss on upgrading.
I'm telling you though, while corperate greed may drive the bus, they are passing out good dope to keep the passengers quiet.  :mrgreen:

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »
Thanks for the field report Jay. As one who plays in a "mostly 3D camp" I can't wait -- now you've made it just a little tougher. Thanks a lot.

:P
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Jim Yadon

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2006, 10:42:12 AM »
Thanks for the field report Jay. As one who plays in a "mostly 3D camp" I can't wait -- now you've made it just a little tougher. Thanks a lot.

:P

Sorry... I know the truth can be painful. The part that I left out. Ssytem Requirements are high enough that I doubt many people will jump on the band wagon for it right away. I am deliberately running it on a system that has 1/2 the minimum RAM and am considering putting it on a machine that has a processer that clocks at about 2/3 of the minimum just to see what happens.

Dinosaur

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »
I haven't heard what these minimum specs might be.  We are currently running 2006 Civil 3D with AMD 2800 to 3500 chips and 2gb memory with no problems - How does this compare to the minimums for 2007?

Jim Yadon

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2006, 11:58:35 AM »
I haven't heard what these minimum specs might be.  We are currently running 2006 Civil 3D with AMD 2800 to 3500 chips and 2gb memory with no problems - How does this compare to the minimums for 2007?

You'l be fine. I don't have my cheat sheet handy but if I can recall correctly it is P4 3.0g or better with 2G of RAM. There's a V-card spec too but I can't recall the memory requirements. I look in a bit and see if I can find them.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2006, 12:11:03 PM »
Sorry... I know the truth can be painful. The part that I left out. Ssytem Requirements are high enough that I doubt many people will jump on the band wagon for it right away. I am deliberately running it on a system that has 1/2 the minimum RAM and am considering putting it on a machine that has a processer that clocks at about 2/3 of the minimum just to see what happens.

I have a P4, 3Ghz, 1 Gb ram so it should be ok with a minor ram upgrade, tho I don't mind a reason to upgrade to lots more horse power. Hmmm ...

Dinosaur

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2006, 12:13:26 PM »
Thanks,  I am not too worried about the video since we can't really push the 3D in civil applications.  I think we have ATI 128 mb and nVidea quatro 128 mb that are well above what we really need.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »
Just for fun I looked up the requirements for micro station .... interesting, very interesting.

[ http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/MicroStation/tech+reqs.htm ]

Processor: Intel® Pentium® or AMD AthlonTM.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows® 2000 (SP2 or higher recommended*), Windows XP Professional, Windows NT® 4 (SP6 recommended*), Windows 98 (Second Edition recommended)**, Windows Me**,
Windows XP Home Edition.

Microsoft Internet Explorer v5.5 or better, Cipher Strength: 128-bit*.

Memory: 128MB (256MB or more typically results in better performance). Note that at least 64MB of memory should be available for each session of MicroStation. Discipline-specific applications may have additional memory requirements.

Hard Disk: 200MB minimum free disk space.

Input Device: Mouse or digitizing tablet (digitizing tablet requires vendor-supplied WINTAB driver or Bentley’s Digitizer Tablet Interface -- the latter is included with the product installation).

Output Device: Most industry-standard devices are supported. Works with output devices supported by Windows.

Video: Supported graphics card. Dual screen graphics supported with vendor-supplied drivers for Windows NT 4. Multi-monitor configurations supported with Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 98.

* - required for Digital Rights
  ** - Digital Rights not supported
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »
AutoCAD always has wanted to soak up every scrap of resources you could trow at it, but I hope Civil 3D's appetite isn't going to become the norm for all of AutoCAD applications.  I have seen it "run" on 256 mb laptops (actually most of the time was spent watching it slowly crash and rebooting), but 512 mb seems to be the practical minimum.  The only ones that I hear that are finding it stable have 1.5 to 2 gb installed.  If standard AutoCAD starts requiring this much horsepower a lot of good hardware just became obsolete.

sinc

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2006, 10:49:19 PM »
Thanks,  I am not too worried about the video since we can't really push the 3D in civil applications.  I think we have ATI 128 mb and nVidea quatro 128 mb that are well above what we really need.

From what I hear, the minimum is an Open-GL graphics card with 128MB minimum, so I think those cards are just barely enough...   :-o

That's just for the new 3D-stuff, though.  It's supposed to still be able to run in the old 2D mode.

SDETERS

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
Is there any mention of JT files or translation to JT with this new Autocad version 2007 release?

How about Step and Iges file translators?  I asked this somewhere else sorry to double ask a question.

Autodesk can not make these nice changes and not give you a STEP and or IGES translators to get your 3D files into other 3D modeling packages.

Nice now we are talking about video cards.  One needs at least a 256meg  or higher to run nice 3D graphics for quick regen time or refresh rate.  Which is better for Autocad or what do they recommend.  ATI or Nividia or something different?

MikePerry

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 04:46:55 AM »
Nice now we are talking about video cards.  One needs at least a 256meg  or higher to run nice 3D graphics for quick regen time or refresh rate.  Which is better for Autocad or what do they recommend.  ATI or Nividia or something different?

Hi

Keep an eye on the Autodesk web site...

AutoCAD Certified Hardware by Robin Capper

Sorry, at this time I am unable to post the relevant URL here ( I am still under NDA until AutoCAD 2007 hits the streets ).

Have a good one, Mike