Author Topic: DXF revisited  (Read 10620 times)

jbaxter

Re: DXF revisited
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2006, 06:16:26 PM »
Hi,

DXFIX is designed to be used at the dos prompt and can be found in the /support directory of the r13 version.

Regards,
John

Dinosaur

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2006, 06:42:33 PM »
OK, I guess I am still in the game after all HERE are two before and after dxf files for someone to compare to see what the DXFIX utility does to the file.  The "after" files have an a suffix "a" in their name.

EDIT

scrub the "new" dxf files they are bad . . . I will make a replacement if anyone needs one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 06:46:01 PM by Dinosaur »

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2006, 07:15:56 PM »
John, let's look at this from a different angle.....what does the DXWES program output? Is it something that, in turn, is fed to another program? If so, could you post a sample of those files?

jbaxter

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »
G'day Jeff,

Okay, good idea, I will see if I can work out what the DXFWES produces, I am pretty sure one of the files is a points file *.pnt, the next routine that is run sends a display to the screen which is the northing/easting and elevation points and the layer that the points reside on which is always layer 1.

Regards,
John

jbaxter

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2006, 08:30:10 PM »
Hi,

With regard to the r12grn.dxf previously posted, the DXFWES routine is applied to this dxf and seems to generate the following files (uploaded):

RIDGE.DIG
FEAT.DIG
SPOT.DIG

These are columnar format northing/easting point files with the column numbers important to the program e.g. 5,15,25 etc

The next routine in the program I have seems to take these dig files and generate a points file called DES.PNT

Note that the original dxf file has a routine layer convention as follows:

Layer 1: contours of design surface

Layer 51: contours of natural surface

Layer 400: breaklines

-1green,-2fway,-3bunk etc,: these are feature lines such as fairways perimeters at level 0.0 and are draped on the 3d mesh produced at one stage in the final creation of the image resulting from the suite of routines.

regards,
John

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
With regard to the r12grn.dxf previously posted, the DXFWES routine is applied to this dxf and seems to generate the following files (uploaded):

RIDGE.DIG
FEAT.DIG
SPOT.DIG

Where are they uploaded to?

jbaxter

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2006, 07:19:27 PM »
Oops, here they are.