Author Topic: What would you like to see in the new release  (Read 12468 times)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Re: What would you like to see in the new release
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2006, 03:32:02 PM »
The ability to lock the visibility of a viewport so newly created layers (either in the current dwg or xref'd) do not show.
Yep, I'd like that A LOT!
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

hyposmurf

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2006, 11:17:38 AM »
The ability to select the last set objects worked with,rather than the original copied objects.The LAST selection  object option just selects the very last object selected rather than the set of objects selected in the last operation.Or if you use the previous selection option method it will select the originating objects that were copied not new copy.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2006, 11:57:18 AM »
I know it's not perfect, but here is a workaround for that.  Copy the objects on top of themselves.  Then move the originals to where you would have copied them (selecting them via previous).  Then they are still selectable via the previous option for whatever additional operations you want to perform on them.

LE

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2006, 12:31:08 PM »
or... use an object reactor using the append event or simple set a global variable [pass the new objects into that selection] inside of editor command... and use that global SS...

I posted here a command for that... in my earlier posts here.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »
'cause 2007 is currently at Beta4 <or somesuch> this thread is probably a little late to be forwarded to AutoDesk ..

... However, keep it alive, for 2 reasons ;
It can be forwarded for the next version.
Some enterprising individual may realise "heh, I can write something to do that"

.. ok, 3 reasons ; we all like to have a dream.   
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2006, 02:31:04 PM »
I think 2007 will be late, because there isn't any news about a release date yet...

One of my suggestions is on the AUGI wish list (a rotated crossing/window parallel to the UCS). Maybe in release 2008 ;)
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2006, 10:24:46 AM »
WBC,

Look above where I posted the code. I forgot one line.

Let me know if that solves it :)

Ron

Ronjop thanks for that nifty lisp,its solved the same xref problem that used to bug me to. I cant seem to get it to work on the ETransmit command though,still goes to the previous etransmit path.Im on ADT 2004.

Glad you found a use for it. I think this one will correct the etransmit problem:

http://www.theswamp.org/screens/ronjonp/writereg.lsp

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

hyposmurf

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »
Ive got that now in my support path running at startup via appload.It gives me the correct file name but brings me to the last location ETRANSMIT previously carried out.I thought it was the macro I was using but even directly from ETRANSMIT the same problem occurs.Almost there thanks so far. :-)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 12:37:49 AM »
Ive got that now in my support path running at startup via appload.It gives me the correct file name but brings me to the last location ETRANSMIT previously carried out.I thought it was the macro I was using but even directly from ETRANSMIT the same problem occurs.Almost there thanks so far. :-)

Still nothing with the latest code huh? Must be a different registry path for ADT. You are using the "standard" setup for etransmit right?

Do a search in your registry for "destfolder" and see what registry paths pop up.

This this is where the default etransmit setup is in Acad Vanilla:

Code: [Select]
(strcat
       "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD\\"
       "R"
       (substr (getvar 'acadver) 1 4)
       "\\"
       version
       "\\ETransmit\\Setups\\Standard\\"
     )
      )

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

whdjr

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »
I think 2007 will be late, because there isn't any news about a release date yet...

One of my suggestions is on the AUGI wish list (a rotated crossing/window parallel to the UCS). Maybe in release 2008 ;)

I'm not sure what the supposed release date but as a Beta tester we can begin discussing the release on March 1st.

You can discuss the product starting March 1st 6:00 AM EST (New York).
This is the same time as all regular press and magazines will be
publishing new products details.