Author Topic: Printing Page Setups  (Read 1802 times)

M-dub

Printing Page Setups
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:12:54 AM »
I don't know if this topic has been raised before, but I searched for it to no avail.

Does anyone know of a way to list all of the settings in a Page Setup and push them to a CSV, TXT file or even just to the printer?

Many Thanks! :)

M-dub

Re: Printing Page Setups
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:14:50 AM »
This was the closest topic I could find...

http://www.theswamp.org/forum/index.php?topic=3757.0

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:20:39 AM »
All of your settings or just what settings are available?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

M-dub

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 09:23:29 AM »
The settings that the user is able to change.

I'm back down at my other office and while I was gone, IT changed all kinds of servers and computer names (for what reason, I don't yet know) and I now have to change my PageSetups.dwg that I use with the PSETUPIN command and I want to make sure I make exact duplicates of the old settings.  I can do it without a printout of the settings, it will just take me longer, that's all.

Dave R

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
This is probably a stupid question, but why not just copy your PageSetups.dwg to something like PageSetups-original.dwg? Then you can change your PageSetups.dwg while maintaining a duplicate of the old settings.

The settings that the user is able to change.

I'm back down at my other office and while I was gone, IT changed all kinds of servers and computer names (for what reason, I don't yet know) and I now have to change my PageSetups.dwg that I use with the PSETUPIN command and I want to make sure I make exact duplicates of the old settings.  I can do it without a printout of the settings, it will just take me longer, that's all.

M-dub

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 02:24:51 PM »
This is probably a stupid question, but why not just copy your PageSetups.dwg to something like PageSetups-original.dwg? Then you can change your PageSetups.dwg while maintaining a duplicate of the old settings.

I didn't even need to do that.  Good idea, just in case though.  I was just looking for a way to 'document' the current settings, really.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 02:28:02 PM »
If you are just using the settings for reference, you could bring up your plot dialogue, select your pagesetup, alt+printscr and paste into a word doc.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

M-dub

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »
Another good option.  :)