Author Topic: TABLES in AutoCAD  (Read 1671 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
TABLES in AutoCAD
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:36:31 AM »
I use them quite a bit for line, curve tables and legends. I love the fact that you can import/export them.

TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

Re: TABLES in AutoCAD
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »
I have done one project in the 10 years I have worked here that used a line table and only two others with a curve table and those have caused me much grief.  Standard practice here for both cities and consultants to not make full copies of any plat available - only small copies of areas of interest that almost certainly will not include the tables, hence great and numerous hassles trying to get everyone the information they need.  Granted it should not be a problem but it is here, so I do everything I can to avoid them.

Gliderider

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »
Storm and sanitary sewer pipe schedules. I wish I had 2006 to be able to use equations though.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »
We are just going to be able to get MText like abilities in our next release.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:34:58 PM »
Storm and sanitary sewer pipe schedules. I wish I had 2006 to be able to use equations though.

You can copy from excel and paste special into acad. You won't get the fomulas but you will get the data from the formulas.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:38:29 PM »
as you may remember mark we do very long shade schedules which we seperate by floor. we use a couple basic formulas in our schedule but we couldn't find a way to link a formula across several tables. i like the idea but it's not developed enough for us yet unfortunately.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »
also our quantities are always changing so we really need the tables formulas to update after insertion. i don't think there's an easy solution for us but i'm open to suggestions