Author Topic: daily updating of files question.......  (Read 1478 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
daily updating of files question.......
« on: December 02, 2005, 10:02:55 AM »
Howdy folks just a query,

Is it possible to set up a task or programme that will launch autocad at a given time (say nightly at 9.00pm) and run a routine to update some model files.

Wew are currently using a plug in to autocad 2002 called 3D+.  we create our models throughout the day but ther is no gurantee the all of our users will regenerate their model files before they go home.  Is it plauseable or showd I be locked up for making such an insane suggestion.  (there maybe 100 cad files to do per night)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Diarmuid
 :?
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: daily updating of files question.......
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:08:25 AM »
I would use a script or VBA routine and let it process the dwgs every night.  However, I dont know of a way to open Autocad at a specific time.  What I do is run my routine just before I leave, and I make sure I'm the last one out. (Not really a problem, cause no one wants to stay late)
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Murphy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 10:25:14 AM »
You could add a scheduled task to open a blank drawing in AutoCAD at any time. Problem would be that you would have to be logged in all night.
You could then setup the VBA routine to check the system time and run if it is after 9:00 pm. Set that up in the EndOpen of objectApplication. If you need help with this just let us know.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:26:27 AM »
What I do is run my routine just before I leave, and I make sure I'm the last one out.
Don't you leave around noon?  I needs to get me some of that work ;)

You could make an executable (VB, .net, C#, WE) that would launch acad at the desired time, do your stuff, put it's feet up on your desk and drink out of your coffee cup.

t-bear

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:49 PM »
...would launch acad at the desired time, do your stuff, put it's feet up on your desk and drink out of your coffee cup.
Now that'd be nice.....can we make it do my drawings too? ;-)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 12:16:53 PM »
Depending on what you need done, I think that might be doable
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 08:55:55 AM »
woah, so sorry for the slow reply, my wife had a baby and then christmas etc..., i'll look into the possible solutions that you have given me, and see what i come up with,

thanks guys

Diarmuid

:oops:
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:07:56 AM »
Well congratz on the family addition!  Is it yours? :)

Stat's please.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 09:20:50 AM »
This is a realy simple thing to do by using the task manager and only limited coding is necessary ...

• Open the TaskManager and create a scheduled task to open AutoCAD
  • Create a script to do your bidding or to load the program that will do your bidding
  • Edit the task to include the script name so that when AutoCAD starts, it launches the script
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 09:10:40 AM »
baby, girl. 7lb 8 oz. sleeping the entire night , thank god. bit of a culture shock, but shes as quiet as a mouse. :-)