Author Topic: dynamic block Q  (Read 2626 times)

Fuccaro

dynamic block Q
« on: December 03, 2005, 12:40:21 PM »
In my AutoLisp routines I use to create the blocks I nee "on the fly" using ENTMAKE. But is it possible to ENTMAKE a dynamic block too?
Thank you!

David Bethel

• Swamp Rat
Re: dynamic block Q
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 03:39:43 PM »
i don't think so.  Jason was trying to do something similar over @ adesk.  -David

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5021334
R12 Dos - A2K

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:59:58 PM »
From the Dev. help files:
Quote from: Autodesk
You cannot create this object; BlockRef.GetDynamicBlockProperties returns a collection of DynamicBlockReferenceProperty objects if the block reference is a dynamic block containing custom properties.

Once you have obtained a dynamic block reference property object, use the following properties to query or edit its values:

Joe Burke

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 08:45:53 AM »
For what it's worth, if anything... you can make a copy of a dynamic block and rename it on-the-fly. Given code posted elsewhere by Tony called CloneBlock. It uses an ObjectDBX file to create an exact duplicate of source block name. Then it copies the renamed block back to the active document.

AFAIK, this is the only way to clone a dynamic block. Other methods which attempt to clone a block using entmake within the active file, will fail to bring a dynamic block's info along.

Tony's function is an example of how to do it. It needs a wrapper for cosmetic and error handling reasons. I'll post my wrapper if ayone is interested.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
Once you have the dynamic block wrapper, you might be able to simply edit the entities within the block, thus you are simply renaming the block and editing the block contents ... not really "creating" a block
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie