Author Topic: Region error checking  (Read 8786 times)

ChrisSolid

Region error checking
« on: December 02, 2005, 05:04:28 PM »
As I'm sure most know, sometimes the region command will reject "degenerate" or "unsupported" objects and then fail to create a region. The problem is then to try to find the offending object -good luck! - if it's a large, convoluted series of curves, perhaps containing a spline or 2, and/or maybe an elliptical arc. Wouldn't it be great if, upon rejecting an object as either degenerate or unsupported, that the object would then be highlighted? That could save the user a lot of time trying to fix the problem.
   Has anybody seen or written any code that could accomplish this? Or perhaps a 3rd party app?

LE

Re: Region error checking
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
As I'm sure most know, sometimes the region command will reject "degenerate" or "unsupported" objects and then fail to create a region. The problem is then to try to find the offending object -good luck! - if it's a large, convoluted series of curves, perhaps containing a spline or 2, and/or maybe an elliptical arc. Wouldn't it be great if, upon rejecting an object as either degenerate or unsupported, that the object would then be highlighted? That could save the user a lot of time trying to fix the problem.
   Has anybody seen or written any code that could accomplish this? Or perhaps a 3rd party app?

Have a look into this:

http://www.geometricad.com/app.php?id=1&lang=en

It does not support SPLINE's and does not generate REGION objects.... it will be simple lightweight or heavy polylines.

ChrisSolid

Re: Region error checking
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:12:25 PM »

Have a look into this:

http://www.geometricad.com/app.php?id=1&lang=en

It does not support SPLINE's and does not generate REGION objects.... it will be simple lightweight or heavy polylines.

Thanks for responding. That $120 would have to end up coming out of MY pocket, though (I know the boss :evil: would never spring for it) so I'll just continue to waste his time doing it the hard way until I can find a better way / job.