Author Topic: VB 2005 File Hasher  (Read 4796 times)

Troy Williams

VB 2005 File Hasher
« on: November 23, 2005, 08:08:41 AM »
Hi all I created a VB 2005 program that calculates file Hashes using MD5, SHA and CRC32 and I placed it here. I would appreciate any comments or critiques as this is the first program that I have written in VB 2005. It has some interesting code, particularly in regards to the listview control. It allows the user to manually arrange columns and then adds the information to the correct columns. More details can be found in the referenced thread.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: VB 2005 File Hasher
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:26:36 AM »
Hi Troy,
From reading the solution<.sln> file you used VB Express.
I dont have it loaded yet, just C# and C++, so I'll try later .. thanks for the examples.

Whats your impression of the Express version ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Troy Williams

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:31:04 AM »
I like it.  :-)

I haven't run into a problem with it (coding wise) that I haven't been able to find a solution for it. However it crashed on me a couple of times but I am not sure if it was the IDE or my computer causing the problems. I also had a bit of a problem installing it as I couldn't uninstall the beta version. I found a utility that uninstalled VS 2005 beta, that seemed to do the trick.

All in all, I don't really want to go back to VB 6. I really like OOP!

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 10:03:55 AM »
>>  I found a utility that uninstalled VS 2005 beta, that seemed to do the trick.

for anyone else, There is one on the MS site to unistall all betas ..

>>  I really like OOP!

me too.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.