Author Topic: Dynamic Block Visibility issues  (Read 1354 times)

whdjr

Dynamic Block Visibility issues
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:14:36 AM »
Has anybody that uses Dynamic Blocks had any problems with their visibilty states not showing properly?

I have a file with blocks in it that have visibility states.  When one use opens the file they work fine.  When another user opens the file and tries to change the visibility of one of the DBs the visibility icon just turns red and doesn't display the different states.

Any ideas?

Sdoman

Re: Dynamic Block Visibility issues
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »
I've never seen that behavior except when the lookup parameter object was on a "off" visibility state.  Maybe you might want to check the offending insert using the beditor.

MikePerry

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:33:31 PM »
Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS1053365 - Dynamic Block Visibility States menu does not display

Have a good one, Mike

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
Thanks Mike.

That may be the desired effect but can we say BUG!  or maybe just a hiccup.  gulp.

Sdoman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 02:58:18 PM »
Hi Will,

Did Mike's suggestion fix the problem?  I now recall that short-cut menu issue being discussed on the Adesk NG's.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 03:29:27 PM by sdoman »

whdjr

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 09:38:58 AM »
Yes it did fix the problem.

However the funny thing is the user does not like the right-click menu options (old-timer) so they were turned off.  Ok well when you turn them on it allows you to set the old right-click behavior or the new right-click behavior.  So since this user didn't want the new menu options they set it on but to the old right-click behavior options.  Once you apply those changes it turn off the right-click menu options so we were back to where we started.  So I suggested to the user to turn them on to the new right-click behavior and to turn on the time sensitive option and that could be changed if they wanted it longer.  Well that was golden.  They were able to have their cake and eat it too without even getting fat. 

So the moral of the story is "Just because you are an Old-Timer, everything new is not Bad".

:-)