Author Topic: When PDF 'ing a DWG the images are sometimes cropped  (Read 5248 times)

Bob Wahr

Re: When PDF 'ing a DWG the images are sometimes cropped
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 09:31:51 PM »
You posted something about that a while back.  I downloaded and installed, pushed the button once and it didn't instantly make a pdf and warm up my coffee so I shelved it for when I had more time.  I am pretty pleased with pdf creator(also free) though.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 11:55:52 PM »
MINE DOES. MAYBE RELOAD THE SOFTWARE? :|

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 02:33:41 AM »
We use CutePDF and the only problems I have ever had with it is with wipeouts showing black (which I now know how to sort out).

We have had no problems with papersize or rotation
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Arizona

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 06:36:36 AM »
DWGGATEWAY.com. The PDF maker in the new versiuon of dwggateway works quite nicely. AND it's free.

I tried this one and had two problems: on some drawings it was rotating and cropping, while other drawings it worked great. The other problem was that we have a lot of hybrid files containing images and this ignored the image all together.
What I use most often is the PDF writer in Microstation, the only really nice feature.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »
DWGGATEWAY.com. The PDF maker in the new versiuon of dwggateway works quite nicely. AND it's free.

I couldn't get it to make monochrome PDF's.  It would "print" in color even when I used a monochrome .ctb file.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 01:04:44 PM »
You have to set the background color to white in Autocad, then do the monochrome line work. Just picking the monochrome.ctb does not work for some reason. ( I also change all of my layers to color 7.)

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 01:08:36 PM »
Thanks for the info Dent.  I think I'll stick with PDFCreator for now. :-)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 01:10:20 PM »
You have to set the background color to white in Autocad, then do the monochrome line work. Just picking the monochrome.ctb does not work for some reason. ( I also change all of my layers to color 7.)
Uninstall here I come.  Definitely not worth it IMO.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 02:38:05 AM »
I've just checked on their website and CutePDF is free for personal and commercial use. I have created hundreds of PDFs using different frame sizes and have had no problems with paperspace, rotation, cropping and it looks like it honours the plot styles.

http://www.cutepdf.com/
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 01:42:17 PM »
cutepdf won't do multi page PDFs though.  I was using it and was mostly happyish with it but like PDF Creator better personally.